Search results

1. S

WD – HGST – STEC 1TB MLC PCIe Solid State Accelerator $75

Cam you run some benchmarks against it? I currently use a 32 GB ram drive for Plex transcoding, but sometimes hit 50-60% usage during a lot of streaming. If this is fast enough might be inclined to add one to my box
  2. S

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

8TB and greater aren't Shingled, according to WD
  3. S

WTB Any 2TB HDDs less than 7 years old

those prices should be reversed...sas drives usually sell for higher than SATA drives.
  4. S

WD – HGST – STEC 1TB MLC PCIe Solid State Accelerator $75

@cw823 you forgot to mention Optane, so definitely Optane
  5. S

Used Grade 9 Acer PE320QK bmiipruzx 31.5" 16:9 Color Accurate HDR 4K UHD IPS HdMonitor $454 Free Shipping

Link doesn't work, says page not found. Maybe they sold out?
  6. S

159$ US 'new' Quanta D51B-1U LGA2011-3 Server Best Offer

SATA power details? are you asking if they support power for SATADOMS? maybe you can write more than one sentence? Those 2 beige connectors next to the slots are for power cables to power SATADOMs. Only Supermicro Yellow slots support power through the sata connector
  7. S

? They're custom by Quanta. Maybe some more info?
  8. S

Quanta 2U D51B: LGA2011-3, 24 x 2.5" Trays, 10 GbE, Rails $250 OBO

Yeah this seller doesn't like to post photos...even if it was 100$ I wouldn't buy, no idea what condition the chassis are in. I'd be tempted to get one for a small DB server, but without photos, no go. Can you post some images of the one you got? Thanks!
  9. S

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

If anyone has a Kill-a-watt or something, can you record power usage at idle with these things? I'm tempted to build a storage cluster to replace my single 24 bay supermicro with an E5 in it, I know xeon-D's are lower power, but curious as to total system draw. With or without drives is...
  10. S

This was about to be my next question, wondering how deep they were.. Need to see if my rack can hold it.
  11. S

No photos on the ebay listing is a huge no-go for me.
  12. S

Supermicro 4U server W 24 Trays UN Raided

Second that... Actually you could probably get by with 4GB of ram for plex and 2 cores... It's pretty light. Only way would need more ram is if you decide to transcode onto a RAM drive, in which case sure. I use a GPU to transcode with a 32GB RAM drive as the place to store transcoded data...
  13. S

Hey guys, if you need caddies, here's some at 4.95$....a STEAL QUANTA QCT QuantaGrid TD14AS 2.5" SFF HDD TRAY CADDY FOR SERVER D51B-1U D51B-2U | eBay
  14. S

Hmm.. after a couple days, I may end up putting the fan back on...seems temps are even higher (I didn't replace compound though) That gap in the middle was around when I removed it, but with transcoding going on regularly after, it seems its almost at its peak (51C)
  15. S

works great, although not like supermicro, it seems SUPER picky about java versions, first one would crash each time i tried to mount an ISO, i finally found a JRE version that wouldn't, but still had oddities once in a while, and no html5 kvm like SMCI does. Other than that, sensors are great...
  16. S

This is the seller i bought mine from, great deal, i'd highly recommend going with them
  17. S

Did you take any heat measurements before/after via nvidia-smi or anything? With the orientation of the fins, it might actually cool better since they're in line with the airflow from the case. Edit: I just removed mine, it dropped from 38-39 degrees C down to 32-33C. Also saving ~6W of...
  18. S

I left it on. It BARELY fits, the SAS connector causes the card to raise up slightly, but it still sits firmly in the slot, has no issues (over 30 days now). It's kinda ugly, but I hadn't considered removing the fan...Let me see what your pictures are. I had also thought about filing down part...
  19. S

Bestbuy - 14tb easystore external hard drive - $200

Good thing you blocked out the serial number, wouldn't want us remotely cloning your drive... :D