Search results for query: non-poe

1. W

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I doubt they would have a separate PCB for POE vs non POE but it's pretty likely that some components for POE are depop-ed on non POE boards
  2. fohdeesha

so the POE power supplies are actually two power supplies in one. Both the PoE and non-PoE power supplies have a ~250w 12V supply in them, that's identical between them. This is what actually powers everything in the switch. But the PoE PSU has an additional ~750w 54V supply in it, and the PoE...
  3. T

you are speaking of the 6610 in the above paragraphs, yes?
  4. W

Interesting, and it makes sense, I’m sure the POE connectors are more expensive than the non-PoE ones!
  5. H

What exactly is the difference between PoE and non-PoE in terms of internals? Is it just the PSUs? Or there's an internal PoE board as well?
  6. Z

@fohdeesha @Wolfcastle The final conclusion. You CANNOT convert a non-PoE ICX6610 to PoE. Reason #1 The headers aren't on the non-PoE boards. Reason #2 (the real show stopper). The RJ45 jacks are not connected to PoE because the part number is different from the PoE models (Bel-Fuse...
  7. A

Does somebody here know how quiet or loud the ICX6450-48P is (at idle or at low loads) compared to the non-POE -48 or the 24 port models? It seems the 48 port POE model has 3 fan grilles in the rear panel instead of just the one all other models have. I'm planning on running 1 maybe 2 POE+ APs...
  8. N

It's one big PCB for all ports, you can't add PoE just for "some" ports The non-PoE ICX6450 has unpopulated headers on the PCB and different RJ45 port types. No, you can't transform a non-PoE ICX6450 into a PoE 6450 The power supplies are totally different. The PSU in the PoE version has an...
  9. J

For the 6610: Is it possible to add PoE functionality to non-PoE Switches e.g. adding a PoE PSU and a PoE Daughter Card ? Or is the SoC different ?
  10. H

I have another (dumb) question. I have two "deads" ICX 6610-48P switches (ASIC errors, see my previous posts) but the PoE part was working fine. Next week I'll receive a non PoE unit (also 48 ports). Can I transplant a PoE board and the power supplies from one of the PoE units to the non-PoE one ?
  11. fohdeesha

...but max PoE power consumption (20 watt devices on every single port). At idle or with a couple PoE ports active, it should run the fan at around 30% just like the non-PoE model. In fact, I need to double check, but I'm pretty sure the PoE model has the exact same fan part # as the non-PoE switch
  12. fohdeesha

theoretically, although I can't remember if the non-poe models have the PoE daughterboard header populated with a socket or not. you'd need PoE power supplies too obviously. in the current market it's probably way cheaper to just buy a complete poe model
  13. fohdeesha

that sounds like the same behavior I've seen when a legit PoE model is powered up with non-poe power supplies, EG a symptom of the PoE board getting the nominal 12/5/3 volt power for all the ICs to come up and be recognized, but no 56v rail from the PSUs or board to actually supply PoE to...
  14. K

...plug a PoE power supply into a unit, that does have PoE functionality/innards - it'll work as usual, with PoE functionality. If you plug a non-PoE power supply into a unit, that does have PoE functionality/innards - it'll work as usual, WITHOUT PoE functionality. If you plug a non-PoE power...
  15. N

I believe this was discussed earlier in this thread and it turned out that the PoE and non-PoE versions use different components and the non-PoE boards miss some headers
  16. fohdeesha

sure, ill send back the commands to write over on the PoE model. to ensure we're not wasting our time, before doing anything I would open up the non poe and ensure it has the appropriate headers etc
  17. Z

So I actually used a PoE PSU from my known working unit. The PoE daughterboard IS getting 56V since its connected by an internal cable. I'm wondering if maybe those ports are bad, or maybe there are some jumpers somewhere that need to be moved over, but that doesn't make a lot of sense from a...
  18. N

I think the 7150's can operate fanless for POE power upto 150w.
  19. ViciousXUSMC

...to my 6450, but now that I have tested and confirmed I can do that with SFP I'll just upgrade the switch. My question is this, the PoE vs Non-PoE models. Our first post does not make any mention of additional power/heat from the PoE model and I just wanted to confirm there is no difference...
  20. fohdeesha

the P version power draw with no PoE devices is identical to the non-P version, the 54v rail doesn't even turn on. With PoE devices, just add 2 or 3 watts per PoE device