Search results

1. K

SuperMicro RAID Windows can't see drives

If Windows can't see RAID drives during installation, there is always...always, only one culprit. The RAID driver. The Supermicro page for that board does not even list a driver. btw, Windows does not need a third party RAID driver for Intel onboard SATA RAID. It should be able to see the RAID...
  2. K

New Home Build Wiring Recommendations 2020 Edition

I have said this before..CAT6 will do 10g in most home scenarios and is backwards compatible with everything. For almost all average folks (barring a few diehard nerds) there is zero need or requirement to run fiber throughout the house. I can understand running it to one or two locations if...
  3. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Umm...yeah...about 204 pages worth. :) Grab a cold one.
  4. K

@fohdeesha said... "stack-trunk 1/2/6 to 1/2/7" You executed..."stack-trunk 1/2/6 to 2/2/7"
  5. K

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

Run this: show int brief
  6. K

Advice for any dual LGA2011 (C602) motherboard working with ATX PSU

@Marc1 - There is no technical reason that an ATX PSU cannot power a server motherboard. There's some obscure ATX specs that do affect things, but if the PSU you're using is not 10 yrs old or something, it should be fine. If the board is not powering up, you're doing something wrong.
  7. K

Advice for any dual LGA2011 (C602) motherboard working with ATX PSU

Not true at all. A motherboard (server or not) doesn't care if the PSU has a single 12v rail or multiple. As long as the motherboard can get the power it needs, it'll run just fine.
  8. K

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

Does VLAN 2 have a router-interface on it? (It shouldn't...)
  9. K

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

Which VLAN/port is your WAN connected to, in this config?
  10. K

That should happen automatically.
  11. K

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly... - The "device" connected to e 1/1/1 is VLAN aware and has VLANS 25, 200, 322 and 1000 defined. - e 1/1/1 only has VLANS 1000 and 232. Which means...the switch is not sending any VLAN 25, 200 traffic to e 1/1/1. What am I missing? What would you...
  12. K

I'd make a suggestion to "close" this thread at this point. (not referring to anyone specific) The reason? There's enough information in the thread to answer 99.99% of the questions.
  13. K

FS: Supermicro and Inventec Motherboards

Price drop on the Supermicro board. - Too much stuff, too little space (and time)
  14. K

I know what you mean. I was just giving you a hard time. :P
  15. K

I don't think Brocade ever made any switches with "giga" ports and/or "spf+". I don't think they were trying to protect the switches from sunlight... They do and did make switches with 1/10/xx gbps and/or SFP+/QSFP+ etc etc ports.
  16. K

FS: Supermicro and Inventec Motherboards

Price drop on the Supermicro board.
  17. K

Paying for someone to change the fans in my 1u PSUs

I have a rackful of modified PSUs, DC-DC converters and whatnot. But that's me, mine and my liability. Would never do it for another person. As an e.g. - These are modified DC-DC boards with HP power supplies in my SAN chassis. Wires have been snipped, sitting on adhesive spacers, soldered...
  18. K

Intel e5-2696 v2 CPU for $125 FS

#BoycottChina - I'm onboard with that.
  19. K

Oops...I did it again... :)