Search results

1. S

Arista - Get STP informations via SNMP

Hi! I am trying to monitor the spanning-tree status of my arista switches via SNMP. With other brands, that was quite easy: 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.5.0 --> Current root bridge 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.7.0 --> Port to root bridge 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.2.0 --> Priority 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.2.3.0 --> Last Change...
  2. S

Access to Arista Firmware

Hi! Does anybody here have a valid Arista subscription? How is their support portal working? Can I access the firmware for all models, if I buy support for one model? Thank you and best wishes Stril
  3. S

How to get firmware for HP MSM760

Hi! I want to buy some refurbished HP MSM760 Wifi controllers. Do you have any source to get the latest firmware for those? Thank you for your help! Stril
  4. S

Arista 7050 - Mirror MLAG-Port

Hi! Thank you for your answer. Your idea sounds good, but how can I avoid a loop or spanning-tree-problems? Given the setup: I mirror the LAG (production LAG) to port 1 of each switch. - Now, I connect port 1 of switch 2 to port 2 of switch 1 - ...and mirror port 2 to port 1 --> How do I need...
  5. S

Arista 7050 - Mirror MLAG-Port

Hi! I am using Arista 7050s in MLAG-config. On my firewall, there is one LACP-bond configured with one link to each of the two Aristas. Now, I need to setup a monitor-port/port-mirror with an IDS-system attached to it. Is there any possibility to mirror a MLAG? I did not find anything about...
  6. S

Arista - Mirror MLAG

Hi! I need to mirror the traffic of a device, that is connected to two Arista 7050QX which are building an "MLAG-Cluster". Do you know, if this is possible? How can this be done? - Mirror the Ethernet-Interface on each switch? - Mirror with one port? Thank you for your help!! Stril
  7. S

Cheap Datacenter SSDs like Intel D3-S4510

Hi! I decided to use different kinds of disks in Raid1/10 systems, as I have just hit a firmware-bug, where all my drives failed (and HPE has another one, today). My "standard-disk" is currently the Intel D3-S4510 series. Can you recommend me any other disk, that offers comparable performance...
  8. S

rx_brb_discards on QLogic 3442-CU-CK

Thank you!! I disabled all C-States, but errors are still present...
  9. S

Update: I found this one: RHEL: Persistent increases in RX frame and rx_brb_discard errors on 10 Gigabit network interfaces - Red Hat Customer Portal ...but do not have access to that. Is anybody here able to tell me, what redhat shows up, there? Thank you!
  10. S

Hi! I did an upgrade of two linux-systems. Since the update, I have exactly the same problem on both systems: The first port of the cards shows: rx_brb_discard: 14 rx_brb_truncate: 2 --> rx-Errors The systems to not have a lot of load. As its 'eth3' that is affected in both systems and...
  11. S

Virtual Firewall with or without SR-IOV - max performance

Did you read the first post?
  12. S

STP-Config on Port to ISP

Thank you! I just found a hint in the docs, that disabled plus BPDU filtering should do, what I want
  13. S

STP-Config on Port to ISP

Hi! I am just a bit confused on how to configure STP on a port facing to my ISP. My fear is, that the ISP could send BPDUs and so, he could change my STP-topology. Option 1: Disable STP on that port --> In that case: What happens, if BPDUs are received? Will they be dropped or forwarded in...
  14. S

Understanding DHCP-relay

Hi! For hours now, I am trying to really understand how to configure: - a central Linux DHCPd-server - satellite DHCP-relays ...but I still did not reach my goal... The main problem is: - How does DHCPd "assign" the right subnet-zone to the relay-agent? If the DHCPd-server owns an interface...
  15. S

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Thank you. I am using "7050QX-32" (without "s"). So, I will try 4.18.11M, now. Thank you!
  16. S

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Hi! Did anyone of you test 4.18.11M?
  17. S

Native (Open-) ZFS encryption is in Illumos now

Hi! Great news. Do you know, how this works exactly with zfs-send/receive? Is it possible to have: - unencrypted source - to encrypted destination ...without having the destination zpool mounted (untrusted cloud-like-destination as backup)
  18. S

ZFS-server for veeam-backups - 48x10TB - which layout

Hi! Thank you for your answer! Do you think Z1 is just too unreliable? I thought, sequential performance does only scale by vdevs - not by disks...
  19. S

ZFS-server for veeam-backups - 48x10TB - which layout

Hi! I need to setup a server as veeam-backup-storage. It will have 38 10TB drives, but I am not sure about the layout, as I did not use a ZFS system without anything else than striped mirrors. What would you recommend? It would be good to have a sequential read-performance of >4-5 Gbit/s 3...
  20. S

vSphere backup - Veeam vs Nakivo

Hi! My question is about business-use with currently 6 CPUs and about 70 VMs, about 16 TB, so the free versions are not an option at all. Is anybody of you using Nakivo for a longer time?