Search results

1. N

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I'm not entirely sure what to try next, I've tried using the /sbin/manufacture.sh script, it sorta works, but I don't know what storage device to input into the configuration menus... screenshots below.
  2. N

Good eye! That mfgusb-SX_PPC_M460EX-ppc-m460ex-20120306-222353.zip file is really important... you don't need an OTG USB cable, you can unzip the contents to ./mlnx460ex on your tftp server... but you have to change the ramdisk size though first...
  3. N

Ah, so I now have Ubuntu 14.04 installed on my switch.
  4. N

I've read through the first 17 pages and didn't see any useful information at all. My short term goal is of course to get MLNX-OS installed, but my long term goal is to create a custom Linux distribution similar to Cumulus, et. al. just for these PPC based SwitchX-2 switches. I have some...
  5. N

FS: APC Netshelter CX 24U (SOLD)

How deep is the rack, can this accommodate a 4U chassis that is 41.4 inches deep? The specifications document says 1130mm (44.48") internal depth, but is this impeded by anything such as foam? I need at least an extra 1.5 inches in the front and 2.5 inches in the back of the chassis for cables...
  6. N

FS: APC Netshelter CX 24U (SOLD)

Still available? Can you come down at all on the price? I'm in Austin, Texas.
  7. N

ServeTheHome's RAID MTTDL Calculator Bug and Suggestion Box

No, the "other" box still does not work. Furthermore, it is not clear what the input should be, do you want it in base 10 scientific notation? Nothing I put in the box seems to do anything. It doesn't work in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
  8. N

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I don't think there is a way to recover from this error. Dell's DCS boards do not handle power failures during BIOS update very well at all. In fact, during my time working there one time we bricked like twenty C6320 boards because the rack PDU breaker tripped during an firmware update...
  9. N

rant about dealing with a-holes on eBay...

It's the cost of doing business. I've sold hundreds of items on eBay, most of the transactions go smoothly, but occasionally I get someone who is probably taking advantage of me. eBay will usually side with the buyer, there is little you can do about it. I've learn to just accept it and move on...
  10. N

FS (Austin, Texas): Dell M1000e

Deleted please read FS forum rules before posting.
  11. N

Is there Cheap/Affordable Colocation?

None at the moment, the rack is sitting in the 2nd bedroom of my apartment. I use the range/stove 240V 40A receptacle in the kitchen to power the rack. I need to get the rack out of my apartment because it's extremely loud. My other option is to rent a house and setup a micro data center in the...
  12. N

Is there Cheap/Affordable Colocation?

I'm also looking for low cost space, in Austin, Texas. I need 42U, I have my own rack. Power is variable, ranging from 1kW to 18kW, metered power would be nice. Have four Dell K559N PDU with L6-30P plugs. Even just a warehouse would be suitable. This is for a private OpenStack / Ceph lab that I...
  13. N

The Radon mainboard is PCIe 3.0 and has a Patsburg-C1 PCH, so it has four SATA II ports (MiniSAS0 connector) and two SATA III ports (SATA4 & 5 connector). The mezzanine board slot is PCIe x8, the PCIe riser slots are x16, and the PCIe edge connector in the rear is x16.
  14. N

To answer my own question, no it doesn't. The C5000, C6100 and C6220 do not have any version of iDRAC. However, the C6320 does come with iDRAC8. The following link was helpful in determining which systems have DRAC, pages 35 - 40...
  15. N

Does the C6220 have iDRAC7? What equipment is supported by Dell's OpenManage software here?: Dell OpenManage Ubuntu Repository I'm thinking about getting a C6220 to setup an OpenStack lab at home. However, I have commissioning scripts that are dependent on racadm and syscfg. I'm not at all...