Search results

1. Madhelp

HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

I reached out the seller a month and a half ago to buy 50 plus drives and he said $119.95 was the lowest they would go regardless of quantity. I ended up ordering 86 at that price and returning two that gave me issues. So far so good tho.
  2. Madhelp

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

Where in Maryland and for how much?
  3. Madhelp

THE CHIA FARM

I won my first two XCH this morning boys! I'm farming on two computers at about a rate of 20 or so plots per day and I currently have 307. Keep plugging away and hope for the best. I'm wondering now if I should convert the coins into something else...
  4. Madhelp

[US] Hitachi Ultrastar A7K2000 HUA722020ALA331 2TB 32 MB $32.99

They have a coupon you can use "PSHOPTECH417" to drop the drives down to $47. I picked up four myself, thanks for the plug.
  5. Madhelp

Do you guys spindown disks in zfs pools?

@T_Minus Thanks for your insight. I hear everything your saying and it's very logical and hard to disagree with. On the other hand I'm not sure I fully agree. In regards to temperature cycling, I doubt for most end users we are really talking about huge temperature swings here. If your spinning...
  6. Madhelp

Do you guys spindown disks in zfs pools?

Does anyone have any data to support that spinning the drive down and up causes more wear then running a drive 24/7? Just curious...
  7. Madhelp

Matched Pair Intel Xeon X5675's free shipping $102.50

I'm saying it's an auction it could go up...
  8. Madhelp

$27 FS: Intel SSDSC2BB080G4 DC S3500 80GB 2.5

I just grabbed one, thanks for the plug!
  9. Madhelp

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

I am so excited I was able to pick up one of these guys. I had to buy new DAC's and SFP+ to get it going, but honestly at this price it's no big deal for my small needs. Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M DAC - not working Intel FTLX8571D3BCV-IT SFP+ - not working I picked up the following gear: Arista...
  10. Madhelp

Cisco SG500X-48 @ Ebay

I hear ya. I felt like it was worth a try. If anything changes please let me know. ;)
  11. Madhelp

Cisco SG500X-48 @ Ebay

JayG30, can I call dibs on one of the switches if you do sell them at the end of the year?
  12. Madhelp

Cheap 2TB HDs

I ordered two drives and they have 15k and 14k POH, almsot two years!!! Not really feeling that great about the purchase now. I guess on the upside they are still under warranty.
  13. Madhelp

Supermicro 3u 16bay 3.5" chassis with SAS2 expander

If you don't mind the extra 1U it almost seems like a better deal then the original one on this thread. I'm a little salty.
  14. Madhelp

Supermicro 3u 16bay 3.5" chassis with SAS2 expander

I grabbed one as well. Did a best offer for $300 + $50 for shipping. I didn't really need this, but I could see myself using it sooner then later.
  15. Madhelp

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I'm using ICY Docks as well with no issues.
  16. Madhelp

I had only one node actually plugged in with one CPU (L5520) and no disks and it pulled 80W at post.
  17. Madhelp

Yes but beware that you might have to mod the node for the daughter cards ports to be accessed with the case closed. Thanks again it worked like a charm.
  18. Madhelp

I guess reading the manual always helps. It shows the following jumper settings on the backplane: A hard drive TypeSelect*Disable Enable B SAS Code Select *Disable Enable C MFG Test *Disable Enable D LED Control *Disable Enable I'll give D a go, thanks!
  19. Madhelp

Does anyone else know, I would love to see the drive activity lights? Thanks!
  20. Madhelp

Taming the C6100

Thanks for sharing! I was looking for a solid affordable alternative to the FAN-0074L4. I guess I'll go ahead and put in an order. How long were the cables and did you need to buy extensions, if so where did you purchase them at?