Search results

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Could someone please tell me, are the fans and power supplies the same for the 6610, 6650, and 7450? I may need to try some mixing and matching. Thanks! craigr
  2. C

Thanks for the clarification.
  3. C

It gets me no benefit other than a single management interface. That seems cool and I just want to learn in the lab because I have never setup a stack before. I think I have read a number of post where people have successfully stacked using different models? I'm on about page ~125 of this...
  4. C

Well, from reading this, it does look like the 6450 supports linear stacking... https://usermanual.wiki/Ruckus/fastiron08020aswitchstackingguide.377537056/html#pf29 craigr
  5. C

So from reading this post: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-218#post-279873 It looks like the 6450 may not even support linear stacking because of firmware limitations? The firmware version for the 6450 in...
  6. C

I have a 6450-24p and 7150-c12p that I would like to stack. Firstly, does fastiron support linear stacking (aka chain stacking)? With the limitations of my system and only two switches I really don't need a ring and redundancy is impossible. Second, can the uplink ports on the 7150-c12 be...
  7. C

NTP persisted and maintained settings after reboot. All is well and thanks to all. craigr
  8. C

So is anyone going to say anything about re-coding my "optics" with i2c to official Brocade? Will official Brocade optics show me the temperatures of said optics, or is there just absolutely no point whatsoever in re-coding RJ45 optics? You guys can also just tell me I'm being an ass about...
  9. C

Well, looking at all of your posts to my questions and @fohdeesha's walk through again, NTP seems to be working fine. I cannot reboot the switch right now to verify the settings hold, but for now they look good. The only thing I can think of that might have happened before, was that I forgot...
  10. C

OK I was in a rush when I did that and I made the assumption that @kapone's NTP server addresses were public which was a silly mistake considering they are LAN addresses. When I set this up originally I used the Google addresses @fohdeesha used in his tutorial. I'll work on this again tomorrow...
  11. C

I think I had set it up before, but deleted it. So I just did this: SSH@switch#show ntp stat Clock is unsynchronized, no reference clock NTP server mode is disabled, NTP client mode is enabled NTP master mode is disabled, NTP master stratum is 8 NTP is not in panic mode SSH@switch#config...
  12. C

Oh one other tip for fan mods with the Sunon MagLev KDE1204PKV3.MS.AR.GN. If you don't want to Thank you! The config is very simple as I have tried resetting it again: SSH@switch#show run Current configuration: ! ver 08.0.30tT313 ! stack unit 1 module 1...
  13. C

Also this was a quick and dirty way to spoof the 6450-24P into thinking it still has two fans to avoid the fan fail message. (I actually did wind up putting the sole fan in the normal position after experimenting not as shown) It would be better form to remove the board and solder onto the...
  14. C

Quick (and possibly stupid) question on a different topic. My 6450 does not retain the clock setting when rebooted or when power is pulled. I'm tired of being in 1969 even though it may have been a good year. I have done write memory after setting the clock. I changed the battery and tested...
  15. C

There was also this I think from the default bootloader: ICX64XX-boot>> i2cprobe I2C has probe the PD69000.(Reg0=0x03) I2C has probe the EEPROM.(Reg0=0x0000) Read device SFP Port 4.0 fail I2C has probe the SFP Port 3.(Reg0=0x03) Read device SFP Port 2.0 fail I2C has probe the SFP Port...
  16. C

So I've sent @fohdeesha a couple PM's on the subject of trying to convert/re-code my ipolex 10G SFP+ RJ45 copper transceivers to official Brocade in my ICX6450-24P. While I await his reply I figured I'd post here in case anyone else can help. These are the optics I am working with...
  17. C

Thanks again. I'm only on page 28 of this thread and that was 14 pages ago so I had forgotten :oops: I think I just need the equivalent for "i2c read 41 0 256." My 1/2/1 probably has different values I'm guessing because I don't know what device to read from or how to identify it. craigr
  18. C

Thanks for the link. I figure the chances are low, but I'd like to check and see if either unit is possibly unlocked. I'm hoping the cheapy might have overlooked the write protection. If someone knows where in the manual (or other source) I can lookup the write command I could try and write...
  19. C

Question: I got two different 10G SFP+ RJ45 copper transceivers. The recommended MikroTik S+RJ10 and also an ipolex. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093FQZN69/ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SNK1MY/ Both work great, but the ipolex is $21 cheaper. Is there any reason I should stick...
  20. C

Huge thank you to fohdeesha for all the information and help!!! I got my 6450, and in less than four hours I had it fully licensed, configured, and mounted in my network. Your instructions are really incredible. I got one with software from 2014 and "a very old bootloader" but, you already...