Search results

1. B

YMMV: Supermicro 2u-3u rails rev b - $40 shipped

Definitely quick rails. Nice!
  2. B

YMMV: Supermicro 2u-3u rails rev b - $40 shipped

The more expensive rails have ball bearing slides so once mounted, you can slide the server out, do some work, slide it back in. No need to re-rack. Static rails don’t move. You either put the server in or you take the server out.
  3. B

Seagate Exos X20 and IronWolf Pro 20TB HDDs Shipping

If this means prices of 18TB SAS drives go down a bit, I can upgrade from my 14TB drives soon.
  4. B

How To Migrate Plex Media Server - Ubuntu 20.04.x

Use code tags so your text doesn’t get mangled with eomojis, curly quotes, etc. foo bar baz plex:plex
  5. B

Multiple UPS Shared Parallel DC Battery Bank

I thought it was the opposite?
  6. B

Needing pointers on current decent enterprise SATA/SAS SSDs

I have 8 of those from that seller running as four mirrors in my proxmox host. Very happy with them and in my very limited knowledge, they do seem to be one of the few SAS enterprise SSDs at decent prices.
  7. B

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

Same. I’ve only looked at this thread a dozen times and thought about the switches I could get to let me use those 10g SFP ports since my current switch only has 4 and they’re all used.
  8. B

School me on OnStream ADR tapes and drives

In short, yes. IIRC, they both launched around the same time — the late 90s — and ADR didn’t make it very far.
  9. B

storage gold rush?

If we’re going to use health analogies, a better one might be “you can get cancer and keep on living, but your chances of dying just went up drastically, even with chemo”.
  10. B

[FS/WTB] [US-NC] FS: Supermicro parts, SAS/SATA cards, DDR4 RAM etc ; WTB: 4-12x32gb DDR4 2400 ECC Reg

I wanted to pop back in here and thank @Almighty as well. I received the Supermicro 3.5 to 2.5 toolless drive adapters and they look completely unused. On top of that, I was expecting adapters I’d put in my current 3.5 drive caddies, but these were brand new 3.5 drive caddies with the toolless...
  11. B

[FS/WTB] [US-NC] FS: Supermicro parts, SAS/SATA cards, DDR4 RAM etc ; WTB: 4-12x32gb DDR4 2400 ECC Reg

The MCP-220-00118-0B take some of the thicker enterprise 2.5 SSDs still, right? For $12 I will take the gamble. PM on the way.
  12. B

HGST HUSMM1616ASS201 1.6TB $184.99 obo

USDA Certified Prime SSD
  13. B

IDRAC power consumption when server is powered off?

This post says an R710’s iDRAC uses 13 watts when the server is off.
  14. B

Router Build Question

The sticker on the chassis seems to indicate the motherboard is an X11SSL: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X11SSL It could be this server: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/1U/813/SC813MFTQC-350CB
  15. B

Resellers are becoming a nightmare for homelab'ers!

It’s not just IT stuff either. On Garage Journal, they have a deals section for tools and there are complaints there of people buying out whatever is posted to flip online, to the detriment of the home-gamer who finds the deals sold out before they can act.
  16. B

Mixing 4kn and 512e Drives in One ZFS Pool

From the perspective of a ZFS pool with ashift=12, what is the difference between a 4kn and a 512e drive? And are there any performance issues with mixing these two types of drives (all else being equal)? Thanks!
  17. B

ZFS on Linux 0.8.0 released!

Scrubbing and resilvering is supposedly significantly faster now. Trying to dig up some numbers on the performance boost.
  18. B

8x 6TB WL SATA HDDs -- 9 Months Used from GoHardDrive -- $140 ea + Shipping

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to make sure my sale with the buyer went through, all 8 drives are sold. Thanks!
  19. B

8x 6TB WL SATA HDDs -- 9 Months Used from GoHardDrive -- $140 ea + Shipping

Price drop to match GoHardDrive's price change on their eBay store -- $110 each.