Search results

1. V

EXPIRED Arista DCS-7060CX-32S 32P 100GbE $1500 OBO

Arista says it doesn't, only CX2 supports it. You can breakout 100G to 4*25Gb and it works. If you use 100Gb to 25Gb MSA it may not work. Do you have it setup using MSA? I use breakout cable, no issues.
  2. V

The ASIC needs to support 1Gb, if not, it won't work. ie. 7060CX doesn't support 25Gb, 7060CX2 supports it.
  3. V

I have this switch, SRX 300 and ICX 7250 POE. This switch has 2 sfp+ ports, not sure it supports 1Gb, I use them to connect to 7250, and 7250 connects to srx300. I have a netgear 10G-T switch too.
  4. V

NVMe-OF? setup a demo network?

I was thinking but don't have time.
  5. V

SRX210H Juniper Care Core license

yea and I think commit has much lower priority than other fw/rt processes.
  6. V

Strange PCI passthrough failure in ESXi 7

Yes I have 8 SAS SSD, was planning to use truenas for test environment. Onboard 3008 works with 8 SAS disks attached.
  7. V

TrueNAS Beta 2 is working great!

RC1 is available. Just upgraded, everything looks goo so far. I'm only using nfs and iscsi(no workload).
  8. V

"Connect using different credentials" on Windows 10 doesn't work

Do you have share open in your logged in session on your W10? You can't use 2 different credentials to access the same smb server within the same logged in session. FYI. I use NetBackup to backup files on FreeNAS through smb shares. I run netbackup agent services as the backup user, it then...
  9. V

CPU is 7302P, with 8*32G DDR 3200. Changed NPS from 1 to 4. Changed power policy to high performance from balanced, change vCPU from 1CPU/4core to 4 CPU/1core, set cpu reservation to 12 ghz, and latency sensitivity to high for the VM. Combined, max cpu mhz is up from 6600mhz to 7800(balanced)...
  10. V

Being up for 3.5 days, no more unexpected reboot.
  11. V

Thoughts on ESXi 7.0 Boot Drive (Samsung 970 EVO Plus or WD SN750), please? (for my specific use case)

No, vCenter A -> DC A -> Cluster A -> esx01, esx02 -> vCenter B(VM) vCenter B -> DC B -> Cluster B -> esx03, esx04 -> vCenter A(VM) 57810 from dell has fan, from hp doesn't. Make sure you update firmware after you get it. It support sr-iov too, but freenas doesn't have vf driver for it, linux...
  12. V

Thoughts on ESXi 7.0 Boot Drive (Samsung 970 EVO Plus or WD SN750), please? (for my specific use case)

Not vcenter HA. Just not managing yourself. But if you have 2 hosts, you have many more options. Qlogic supports npar, you can get 57810 for really cheap. You will see 8 nics in esxi for dual port 57810. Mellanox spec sheet says it supports npar, but it never has it. You can of course use...
  13. V

I have 2 environment. 1 for management/storage and another for workloads. 2 vcenter and 1 in each environment cross managing. This give me option to wipe out the entire cluster without touching vcenter. I use nics that support npar. I can create 4 physical function from each physical port. The...
  14. V

I use VDS, as long as my vcenter is up, configuring network is just add the physical nic to vswitch. But I could script it and still finish it in 5 min or use host profile. I used to manage 3000 esx servers. ESXi deosn't support usb datastore, your time was wasted. Best way is to mount disk on...
  15. V

Best boot option: satadom. Second best boot disk option: usb Leave the boot disk for boot only, even if it dies, your esxi will continue to run. Get a 16GB usb standby if your primary boot disk dies. It takes 5 min to reinstall and configure an esxi server. Create datastore on the entire 970...
  16. V

Did some ESXi tuning for power management and VM CPU/Core, managed to get writer up quite a bit. The sequential write is as fast as local for my HGST SN260, I was able to tune read to reach 5300MB/s (dual 25Gb ports) but in the end, balanced read/write is more important. The VM use dual 100Gb...
  17. V

https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/truenas-12-0-performance/ I tried putting high load on it but it was stable during test. The reboots happened in early mornings when there was no load.
  18. V

hmmmm Another unexpected reboot.
  19. V

Beta 2.1 is out. Don't know what it fixed.
  20. V

Supermicro H12SSL boards listed on website

H11SSL-NC has both sas3 and 2 nvme/sata mini-hd hybrid ports and 1 M.2. It only has 6 PCIE slots. No onboard 10G ports. H12 has 7 pcie slots.