Search results

1. S

Xeon W-3300 ATX motherboard

See here. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/motherboard-c621a-chipset-support-for-xeon-w-3000-series.34285/ I think you can use boards that dont support Xeon W and are meant for Xeon scalable.
  2. S

Motherboard (C621a chipset) support for Xeon W 3000 series

I'm happy to report that I just booted a Xeon W-3335 on an X12DAI-N6 (A dual socket board clearly meant for xeon scalable).
  3. S

New AMD Epyc 7D12 server processors for sale!!!

What boards will they actually work in?
  4. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I guess I was just asking if it had been checked. ExecutableFix gave us this awesome capability but hasn't really checked in much since, although I've seen him elsewhere on the forums. I presume he would have let us know if it was applicable or hopefully others would have tried and reported...
  5. S

Does this utility apply in any way to Milan models?
  6. S

Epyc 7443P and all those missing 7003 Epycs + next Threadripper info

same, I got an HPE 7443p in like 3-4 weeks from Synnex.
  7. S

SOLD: Supermicro SC745 server chassis case w/ 920W SQ Power Supply

Glad to hear it, ive been so tempted to low ball you every time I see this, not becuase your price is in any way unreasonable, but I just can't offer you less than I'm paying to ship it.
  8. S

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

I installed an BIN HPE 7443P in a Supermicro Board no problem
  9. S

That is very interesting, thank you! I'll explore this option (weigh the risk). I unfortunately can't imagine needing a single socket xeon scalable board board if it doesnt work out. Dual socket or whats the point.
  10. S

Do I need a motherboard that explicitly supports Xeon W series (X12SPA-TF) or does any "Xeon scalable" board work? Example candidate: X12SPL-F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. In general, I really just need pseudo workstation board of any type that can support a Xeon...
  11. S

AMD Threadripper Pro destroys Epyc Milan!

well one is Milan (zen 3) and the other is Zen 2...
  12. S

Yeah I could get into that, I have a Mill and Lathe even, but I'll start with adding a blower, heh.
  13. S

Thanks for the info, I don't think it will fit on my H12's which split into to smaller heatsinks now. I wish it did, just got my first VRM overheat alarm on a new build
  14. S

best heatsink (4U) for 2xEpyc 280W

Noctua 140mm > supermicro 4U P0064 > be quiet dark Rock pro. The supermicro is the cheapest by far and can handle 280 W with reasonable temps. Also the noctua blow up not back and may not give enough air to the VRMs (which can be an issue) P.s. I noticed the new Intel 4U by supermicro is...
  15. S

ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD on Supermicro H11Dsi MB

As long as you turn on bifurcation (4x4x4x4) as Dolpa said then you'll be fine.
  16. S

Yeah I got tricked by that at first. It would seem intuitive that "performance" gives the best performance, but its actually meant for consistent performance. so it throttles the turbo. Power gives consistent power control allowing turbo to hit the max clocks but staying at or under the cTDP...
  17. S

Thanks for the advice buying whole servers. I might just do it. at 2700 I would have stomached it I think. I have been on shopblt backorder for a few weeks, that's where i got the 7313p. Thanks for the advice, it gave me some new options.
  18. S

My principal workload is actually no SMT, SEE math, and mostly memory bound, so I'm getting full turbo for my stuff. I think we're on the same page. Keith just seems disappointed. I do see though that he set it to performance, where it should be set to power control.
  19. S

All tests are Prime95 Small: 16 cores SSE 3.725GHz 16 cores AVX2 3.575GHz 32 cores SSE 3.65 GHz 32 cores AVX2 3.4 GHz Keep in mind that P95 small is unrealistic in it's power draw profile and my tests are all but 1 limited by package power, so higher clocks would be expected under...
  20. S

@Keith Myers Just thought I'd let you know I just build a H12SSL + 7313P combo and it consistently turbos to 3.725 GHz under almost all workloads. Including heavy load like prime95 small. I'm surprised because it's above the official turbo of 3.7 GHz (maybe they needed more significant digits in...