Search results

1. Sniper_X

Identical Win2019 Images - One wont accept KNOWN password

So here's the deal, it magically STOPPED doing it. No explanation. :mad:
  2. Sniper_X

Yep - thought of that, however I can reveal the password and it is exactly the same as the one that works on the other server. However, there is no language difference either.
  3. Sniper_X

This is likely the most bizarre thing i have seen in decades. I have just imaged a working server with Windows 2019 Standard to another IDENTICAL server. The original server allows a login using "p@ssw0rd". The server with the exact same image from the other server will NOT accept that...
  4. Sniper_X

DELL FC430 systems and dual On CPUs - strange days...

Okay, so NOOOOOPE again. The settings were "NOMINAL" and LEVEL 1" - where Level 1 LOWERS fan speeds. I'll make the call to exchange them tomorrow. -CRAP-
  5. Sniper_X

Your post reminded me of something. I read this in the manual and was thinking that was odd that they had this setting, but now I wonder if this wasn't the reason: Configurable TDP Enables you to reconfigure the processor Thermal Design Power (TDP) levels during POST based on the power and...
  6. Sniper_X

UPDATE: NOPE. Once I introduce a second E5-2696 v3, the blade wont come up. (dammit.) I'll look for some way to force it or get around it, but it apparently i'm likely going to have to exchange these with the vendor for different CPUs.
  7. Sniper_X

Yea, I read that too. However, they never fully committed to the FX2 platform before replacing it with the next generation blade system. This led to the platform documentation not being accurate or updated often enough to reveal what they ACTUALLY ended up being able to do. I wish I could find...
  8. Sniper_X

I have an FX2s setup with 8 FC430s. I loaded them with 128G RAM, and dual XEON E5-2696 v3 Processors. However, I'm really confused about why these aren't booting with dual processors installed. With dual CPUs installed, I get the following over anfd over in teh Lifecycle controller log...
  9. Sniper_X

Server and Storage liquidation (DELL, HP, etc.)

Edited the prices to be lower.
  10. Sniper_X

I welcome you coming out and taking this + a ton of other stuff you might be interested in that i haven't listed but also want gone.
  11. Sniper_X

Please share whatever pricing advice you have. I'll certainly consider it. I just need to open up shelf space quickly.
  12. Sniper_X

Are these servers junk or is there no interest for some other reason? Feel free to let me know your thoughts. These servers gotta go.
  13. Sniper_X

Good question: The Equallogic does since it has 16x 1Tb drives installed. I have found a mistake where I didn't include the drives in the units so that is resolved now (I edited the post) I also tweaked the prices and caddie/blank counts to answer your question.
  14. Sniper_X

I am about to receive a large amount of gear and I need to empty many shelves of server gear. - If you can come pick this up, that is best (Zip Code 30043). - I have rails for all these things, but I'm not including that cost below. - Prices do not including any shipping costs - I will accept...
  15. Sniper_X

DELL FX2/FX2s 8 bay chassis w/ FC430 servers...

These units are going to arrive soon and the pricing may fall a bit more after I determine how much was actually spent on the whole lot. I will also take offers on these to ensure that I can sell the units I don't need. So, feel free to message me or reply here with your offers or questions.
  16. Sniper_X

DELL FX2/FX2s 8 bay chassis w/ FC430 servers...

In an attempt to build out an FX2 based lab myself, I have actually made a bulk purchase of them. I now have WAY MORE FX2 hardware than I needed! So, I'm going to liquidate what I don't need. Here is the deal: 1 DELL FX2 Chassis configured for 8 bays. Each chassis will contain: 8x FC430...
  17. Sniper_X

Cannot make "gauge interest" posts, but I need to gauge interest...

Here is what I can say my plan is so far... 1) I canl obtain 5 Dell PowerEdge FX2 chassis configured for 8 bays to hold 8 nodes. 2) I will also get enough FC430 nodes to fill all chassis - no CPU - no RAM. 3) The chassis can be re-configured to be FX2 or FX2s (has 8 removable PCIe slots) I...
  18. Sniper_X

I'm happy to build the post in a private message to you @Patrick. This way it can be reviewed to verify it's not creating a double standard regarding the no "gauge interest" posts. Alternately, there could be a gauge interest section created for things like this. I'm happy to do whatever you...
  19. Sniper_X

Forum Procedural question... I know posting gauge interest posts are not allowed, but I have an opportunity to buy a limited number of DELL servers. I would like to share the low pricing I'm getting with folks here. My problem is that to get the price, I have to buy them ALL. I can do this...
  20. Sniper_X

WTB: Dell Poweredge FX2/FX2s gear...

I'm looking around for Dell Poweredge FX2/FX2s parts and maybe whole chassis to expand my lab. Anyone have stuff you would like to sell?