Search results

1. A

Inexpensive used KVM-over-ip

Ours avocent autoview 3100 KVM switches are getting old, and they require some fiddling with java security config so the kvm java applets work. Are there any affordable USED kvm-over-ip solutions that either dont use java applets or at least have them properly signed? One port/machine is...
  2. A

Seagate Nytro 5000 1920GB@$200

https://www.newegg.com/seagate-nytro-1920gb/p/0D9-0032-00028 These are datacenter-grade 22110 nvme with power loss protection. Why are they so cheap, where's the catch?
  3. A

RoCE v2/DCB used switches

Hi. I want to try RoCE2 in my homelab to get better performance on my glusterfs vm storage. Are there any DCB capable switches under $500 used? 10gb ports is fine. (Not sure if DCB is required for RoCE2, actually. but hey, thats why i need smth to experiment on)
  4. A

Dell Switch S4048-ON, 48x 10GbE SFP+, 6x 40GbE QSFP+

used for 800$ whitelabel switch CUMULUS compatible not listed as compatible with sonic Dell EMC Switch S4048-ON, 48x 10GbE SFP+, 6x 40GbE QSFP+, PS U to IO air, 2x PSU | eBay only one available
  5. A

Penguin Computing Arctica 4804ip [48x1g, 4xSFP+] - 300$

Open box for 300$, free delivery in US It does NOT run cumulus linux, but cumulus RMP. I never worked with RMP and dont know the difference(seems like very simplistic L3 switch with only static routes?). Isnt listed as compatible with SONiC. Penguin Computing Arctica 4804ip | eBay Factsheet...
  6. A

How NVMe servers deliver PCI to the drives?

How do the servers like this 7232P https://www.thinkmate.co/system/rax-qn24-12e2 with 24x NVME(each is 4x pci) and 1 CPU, connect the drives to the CPU? Do they use some kind of breakout boards for nvme? It it possible to assembly DIY >16 disk all-nvme storage right now and what cards may i need...
  7. A

Dell R610 SmartBootable ISO w drivers

Hi. Seems that dell deleted all the R610 driver packs since this generation is got EOL'd - nothing at Update PowerEdge Servers with Platform Specific Bootable ISO | Dell Canada and no mention of R610 in Dell Repository Manager. Can somebody please share bootable ISO...
  8. A

E5-2687W v3 downclock?

Hi. We need to bring the server's TDP down a bit. If it was a gaming system I would've probably reduce Vcore a bit and configured cpu power limits PPL1/3. However, this is server CPU, and I doubt it got any overclocking capabilities. Do you think there's a way to down-clock the server with...
  9. A

Cheap generic rails?

Where do you get inexpensive generic sliding 4-post rails? unless its not dell or hp, they are all standard with 3 pins sliding on top?
  10. A

NVMe storage server on a budget

I'm looking to build/buy a high-performance NVMe storage server for virtualization purposes. I need a server with at least 8 hot-swappable nvme (or with storage, adaptable to nvme drives, u.2 maybe?) that does not break the bank(prefferably, under $10K without the drives) Plain nvme...
  11. A

(US) Nexus 7010 chassis with 2LC and 2Sup - $99+Freight auction

If you want to flex with your friends that you have a freaking 10 slot chassis nexus for your homelab, there is N7k lot for $99 on ebay right now. Comes with 2 Sup1(these are EOL) and 2 fiber line cards. Freight required, I got quoted $300 to get it delivered to Chicago. Cisco Nexus 7000 Series...