Search results

1. B

3060 12gb

Hi. I was wondering how does the 3060 12 gb perform in DL tasks. The card is tricked so that is limits itself upon detection of mining tasks, but it's unclear whether the same stands for NNs training/inference. Any information about that would be very welcome. Thanks.
  2. B

EPYCD8-2T Serious issues

That's a damn good setup! May I ask which temp does the coolant reach during the hot months? Is there a mounting frame, or you just built it by yourself? That's very interesting and wise, and indeed many people recommends to do so. May I ask you for a pic, so that I can have a look at the...
  3. B

EPYCD8-2T Serious issues

I somewhat imagined a Mo-Ra, but I thought you went for the 420. It's remarkable that even the 360 can handle something like 1500W worth of heat. Is it the EK-revo dual? Also it would be very useful to know which case you employed for each of these systems, if I may ask. Casing is a delicate...
  4. B

EPYCD8-2T Serious issues

Your setups are quite impressive. My compliments :) May I ask you about...: 1. Details/components used in the waterloop for the 7-2070s machine. 2. Would you tell me/us more about the above-4G decoding that prevents using multiple gpus if not turned on? 3. What do you do with these machines...
  5. B

Samsung PM1733

I wonder why.... That's strange...
  6. B

3090 driver handicap?

Please keep us posted! Also, see if you can monitor the mem junction's temperatures.
  7. B

3090 driver handicap?

Not yet. I plan to do that though. For now, I'm using them on power limiter.
  8. B

Samsung PM1733

I ended up selling the 1733, and retaining the 1735. I have nothing to complain about it, except for the fact that if gives the best of itself when used concurrently by many threads and/or with QD >=4. If accessed in T1Q1, the performance is nowhere near its potential. Its controller is...
  9. B

3090 driver handicap?

Two of them here too. We got lucky.
  10. B

3090 driver handicap?

Got it. I was under the (wrong) impression that he had the single-cpu dgx station a100.
  11. B

3090 driver handicap?

If you have the dgx a100, it shouldn't use any pcie switch. That's due to the presence of a sufficient of lanes for 4 gpus. The same happens if you just build your own server/workstation using a motherboard without pcie switches.
  12. B

3090 driver handicap?

It's possible. Try and benchmark with tensorflow.
  13. B

3090 driver handicap?

You bought the new DGX station, uh? You lucky SOB :)
  14. B

3090 driver handicap?

Come on, that's not possible. Were you meaning the V100 SXM?
  15. B

3090 driver handicap?

It depends. It impacts very little during regular desktop work. A ton of running browser tabs with hardware acceleration enabled will impact much more. And of course gaming will impact even more. Particularly, amount of occupied VRAM. Just buy a gt710/1030 or use the integrated IPMI graphics if...
  16. B

3090 driver handicap?

Are you sure Haswell can use ddr3? I was not aware of that. I never heard of 2011-3 mobos with ddr3 support. But you are right, ddr3 is more than sufficient for DL workloads. However, consider that one 32gb ddr4 rdimm can be bought brand new on ebay for 75eur. I paid 300 for 128gb. Udimms are...
  17. B

3090 driver handicap?

I have the Define 7 XL (the one in the pic above). The fine thing about that case is that it behaves equally well both on air and liquid. Fine processors and fine boards. I have an Asrock EPC612D8, since I absolutely needed IPMI. It is a fine board itself: nvme slot onboard, four x16 slots...
  18. B

3090 driver handicap?

Well, in a well-filtered case you will find little or no dust. There are even HEPA filtered case (e.g. the Silverstone MM01B). That's for sure :D
  19. B

3090 driver handicap?

You got the same iron system scaffolding I got :) What about dust for your all-open machine?? :rolleyes:
  20. B

3090 driver handicap?

Yes but.. Will one be able to find it at that price? I don't think so. Will one be able to find it at all? Well, maybe. Look, I understand your concerns about a custom loop, but let us examine pros and cons. An AIO card will still have a pump that can fail. Pumps in AIOs are nothing special...