Search results

1. M

Hoping for some help with setting up an ESXI with 2 VM's

be aware these are not like ZFS snapshots. You do not want be be saving these around for long periods of time
  2. M

FS: US - Lab Consolidation Sale

BUMP - Mostly Switches left now.
  3. M

BUMP - Few price changes and memory re-listed as a buyer backed out.
  4. M

Price drop on a few items and items marked SOLD.
  5. M

unifi 48 port poe 2x 10gb uplink - $400 Arista 7124S 24 port 10gb - $350 Cisco Nexus 3064-X 48 port 10gb - $700 R620 - barebones - $150ea 2x 2695v2 - $100ea qnap ts328 - $150 - SOLD 2x unifi AC -PRO - $75ea - SOLD USG Pro 4 - $150 - SOLD 12x 16gb DDR4 RDIMM 2133 - HMA42GR7MFR4N - $50ea - SOLD...
  6. M

WTB: (1-4 sets of) 24x 16GB DDR3 for Supermicro mobo

I will have a bunch of 16gb DIMM's shortly but they are all quad rank, you would not be able to run more than 16 per server most likely
  7. M

WTB DDR4 DIMM's

Looking for some DDR4 to stand up some new hosts in lab. Preferably looking for 32 or 64GB DIMMS
  8. M

AIO slow, network stability issues? Totally confused

you can use multiple cables, let the host handle the traffic natively. There is no need to configre LAG's or LACP
  9. M

AIO slow, network stability issues? Totally confused

may or may not be the issue but you are not likely to gain much in teaming NIC's on ESXi. Likely just adding more complication.
  10. M

Warning.. WD HC530 14Tb at too good to be true pricing

That is unfortunate. I had been eyeing up a group of these to expand my primary array.
  11. M

HGST SAS 3.2TB SSD HUSMR3232ASS200 $199.95

GAH STH effect....was trying to buy 4 and got caught up in work....you all are too fast
  12. M

LSI 9361-8i ESXi 6.7u3

Using the megaraid SAS driver I was able to get health stats and such to work in the BMC as well as CLI tools on the host. Caveat....it does not seem to be stable and eventually just locks up the host.
  13. M

LSI 9361-8i ESXi 6.7u3

Progress: you have to use the MegaRAID SAS driver not the default LSI
  14. M

LSI 9361-8i ESXi 6.7u3

I have installed the SMI provider which seems about worthless. It shows the status of the disks from the host UI only. And does not update at all if a disk fails. I also have storcli installed on this host. the host shows no controllers installed.
  15. M

LSI 9361-8i ESXi 6.7u3

I have been trying to figure out what the management strategy is for a controller like this under ESXi. I have not been able to get any status information from the controller aside from through the BIOS. I have heard LSI LSA is the way to do this, the utility discovers the host but lists no...
  16. M

FS - Disks, Supermicro, memory, MISC

Sorry for the delays guys. I have been renovating a house and lost track of this thread. Will post a link with some pics.
  17. M

Low Power Storage Solution

hmm, I have to wonder what is slowing me down now. what config are the 8 disks in? I put together a test machine just to mess with different configs, I felt like it was a bit low. But honestly wasnt sure what to expect.
  18. M

Low Power Storage Solution

How are you saturating a 10gige link with 12 spinning disks? In testing I was unable to get there even with mirrored vdevs. I dont know of a faster config with ZFS.