Search results

1. sparx

Canada Canada - WD Golds for >50% off from WD Store

The 16TB seemed good price also in Canada =)
  2. sparx

EU P3605 - 168€

Its an NVMe drive. Fully supported in linux without any issues or need for modification since kernel 3.3.
  3. sparx

EU P3605 - 168€

I'd be very sceptical that you'd be at fault for not paying any tax here. That is supposed to be handled by the seller. So eBay would have to take the blame for selling it in the wrong way. Just having a disclaimer down on the page simply isn't enough. At least for Swedish standards.
  4. sparx

EU HPE Cloudline CL3100 Gen10 Barebones - $399

That looks correct according to the layout. One simple thing to do is to clear CMOS. But then I'd look at the CPU socket pins to make sure no pins are bent. And you can clean the cpu pins (NOT the socket pins since that's far too dangerous) with some isopropyl alcohol. Also inspect the DIMM...
  5. sparx

EU P3605 - 168€

Eh. Thats ebay. How can the advertised price not be correct? Is that text really valid?
  6. sparx

Its very possible that the seller didnt update the bios and it wont allow 2933 memories. Also, whats the memory you are using? PN. And yes, 2933 should downclock without any issue. Support for gen1 wouldnt be removed because of new bios. It has code for both variants.
  7. sparx

EU WTB: hgst ultrastar data60+ data102

This should be easy to verify without any adjustments. Just put a drive in naked without any cage around it. I have a few HP M6720 that i run without any drive cages since the JBOD was delivered without and buying the sleds are more expensive than the unit itself.
  8. sparx

[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

Read about them here. https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-m11sdv-8c-ln4f-review-amd-epyc-3251-mitx-platform/
  9. sparx

Yeah the Atom has probably not made any big chips lately. But the Amd Epyc 3200 versions of the Supermicro board should be a lot better than the Xeon D 1500-series.
  10. sparx

For sure these systems are really expensive to buy. But they arent really intended to buy as a private customer or the like. Its a product that was designed and made in 2014 and has a long life. When I say the value is 200$ its because its so old. The first processor in the series was made 15Q1...
  11. sparx

I'd say 150-200$ would be fair for this. If it was a supermicro board perhaps slightly higher.
  12. sparx

Need to reset IPMI but no CPU and no POST - Supermicro X11SPM-F

You got a 310x and not a 320x right? ;)
  13. sparx

That would have been really easy, but I'm in EU. So not really an option.
  14. sparx

I have the same board. Mine came new with ADMIN/ADMIN im pretty sure. Perhaps you can borrow a cheap skylake from someone? Else get the cheapest 3104 bronze and upgrade your bios and re-sell after.
  15. sparx

SOLD: Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure $200 + Shipping

This makes me drool. But shipping to EU would be murder.
  16. sparx

Unique OEM Dual LSI 2308 + Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI Combo Expansion Cards

You should probably be able to flash this card with the right binary file. For 3008 based cards there is a check if you are doing a correct upgrade for the card, and since you dont have a firmware file for this specific card but trying to run a "vanilla" card in it, it will not pass the sa2flash...
  17. sparx

EU EMC VNX KTN-STL3 / 2x Controller 2x PSU 15x 3.5"

But this just uses Fibre-channel drives right? It cant connect standard SAS drives without some interposer?
  18. sparx

EU [FS] 4GB Unbuffered DDR3 Sodimm ECC and Stuff

Where are you shipping from? That X10SBA-L interests me a bit.
  19. sparx

Did you use ipmitool hpm upgrade or use the KVM webpage to update? Is this manufactured by HP or some other vendor? The reason I ask is that it seems to share a lot of features with quanta products when looking at it. Any ways, I guess they have a few different versions of bios depending on how...