Search results

1. J

$25 400GB HP/Samsung MLC SATA SSDs

Is it in an HP server? If so the easiest way is to use one of the Service Pack for Proliant images to boot from. Otherwise you have to boot with something that has drivers for your controller (say Linux or DOS) and have the flash program that runs in that environment to push the binary to the...
  2. J

Looks like the latest version of firmware is HPG4 (C). I don't see any advisories that have the known hour limit firmware bug. I did see an advisory for them going unresponsive and into read only mode. The firmware above should fix that. Here are the links: Firmware Advisory
  3. J

Give me a picture of the drive label, I can look it up and see if it's on any lists. Knowing what firmware the drive is on would help too. HP6, HP7, HP8 etc. The drive that is dead I don't think can be resurrected by firmware if it hit that bug. at 47k hours though I'm guessing these aren't...
  4. J

There was an issue with some HP SSD drives hitting an hour limit and failing (yes Samsung was part of it). They had released a firmware update to address the issue. I would advise anyone who bought these drives to find the latest firmware for these on HPE's support site and install it. It may...
  5. J

FS: 12 x 12TB Seagate IronWolf NAS

I got 2 from BlueFox. Just as described. Ran them through Seatools tests and everything checks out. Into my Synology they went. :)
  6. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I had it do something like that to me too, pretty sure it was because I had the TFTP set to the wrong folder as a source. It was either down 1 level too far or up 1 level too far.
  7. J

Brocade VDX 6740

Check the last post of the other thread on VDX6740's: VDX Licenses
  8. J

Resetting Brocade VDX 6740T

Ask @fohdeesha about licenses, he may be able to point you in the right direction. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-297#post-313301
  9. J

Well, the firmware can be taken care of easily enough either by the one klui mentioned or one of the several that are in my Google drive. I don't see your license in that output, but there are "fixes" for that. ;)
  10. J

Can you capture it with Putty and post it?
  11. J

VDX If you want an older version, here are the ones I have.
  12. J

Brocade VDX 6740

VDX There are several versions in that link on my Google Drive.
  13. J

Brocade VDX 6740

I can check what I have.
  14. J

FS: 12 x 12TB Seagate IronWolf NAS

Would you sell individual drives?
  15. J

FS: Brocade BR-VDX6740-64-R plus extras - Lowered price

It is still for sale. I would have to see if I still have the firmware on file or not.
  16. J

Nice. Too bad I live to far away to pick one up. Need another POE switch to put in my pole barn once I get it built (who knows when that will be...depends on lumber prices) that I can uplink to my 6610 via the 40GbE optic SFP+'s I have. I know I can with the VDX, just doesn't have PoE. I'm...
  17. J

Aw man, you could have bought mine... :/ Oh well. Mine idles about 70-80W if I remember right, good deal quieter than the 6610 I'm using too. I'd be actually using the 6740 if it wasn't that I had a need/want for PoE. Mine is the SFP+ version and I have cables and SFP's for it.
  18. J

I even have one still that I want to sell, but it ain't cheap. Of course some of that is I have multiple spare parts to go with it and it's fully licensed.
  19. J

VDX6740 locked out - need reset config

Vdx files
  20. J

I don't still have the logs but know that this is likely doable. I'm just not the person that is experienced enough to help more. If you don't care about licenses you could flash a new firwmare to it via USBBOOT.