Search results

1. WeekendWarrior

Selecting, Finding, Shipping, and Installing a Silent Rack

If you're asking about the older-style uCoustic or Netshelter CX fans: they are conventional (3-prong) 120V plugs. The newer-style uCoustic fans would use a 208V-compatible plug (probably L6-20 but not sure).
  2. WeekendWarrior

Another issue that I recently learned for uCoustic racks may benefit others: older-generation uCoustic (active) racks are powered by 120V fans while later-generation uCoustic active racks are powered by 208V fans. Fans are powered by a controller module that spins them up or down based on...
  3. WeekendWarrior

The difference between "active" and "passive" units is discussed here: UCoustic 'Passive' Soundproofed Quiet Rackmount 19in Cabinets TLDR - active has fans and passive does not (as those terms suggest) and the heat rating varies dramatically between the two models. The passive rack uses fans...
  4. WeekendWarrior

As a follow-up note to this thread: I had a discussion with a STH user and am sharing the generally relevant portion of my response here so that others may benefit: How I ship them: Go to uship.com and get a quote for used merchandise on a pallet, with the approximate dimensions and weight of...
  5. WeekendWarrior

Beginners question Raid Card & SM EL2 backplane

I've wondered the same thing about the EL2 backplanes and controllers (although not particular to Megaraid). Will watch to see what comments arise on this subject.
  6. WeekendWarrior

Seeking assistance with SX6018 conversion to Ethernet

Thanks @Terry Wallace - just replied to you
  7. WeekendWarrior

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I've had 4x since 2018 but never done anything with them and didn't remember how many I had until I checked. My goal is to have a few low-port-count and low-ish power 40G switches, into which I plug a few devices when bringing up new servers, to complement the Arista 32-port 40G switches I have...
  8. WeekendWarrior

Seeking assistance with SX6018 conversion to Ethernet

Would anyone be open to converting my 4x 6018s from IB into 40GBE as a paid project? I've followed this thread on and off for a couple years, and like the MacGyver aspects of the conversion, but have too many other projects already going on. I don't need anything fancy - just a simple 40GBE...
  9. WeekendWarrior

Thank you @Rand__ - I was not aware of that thread. Will move the discussion to there.
  10. WeekendWarrior

Thank you @Rand__ - I was not aware of that thread. Will move the discussion to there.
  11. WeekendWarrior

Would anyone be open to converting my 2x 6018s from IB into 40GBE as a paid project? I've followed this thread on and off for a couple years, and like the MacGyver aspects of the conversion, but have too many other projects already going on. I don't need anything fancy - just a simple 40GBE...
  12. WeekendWarrior

SOLD: x22 Sticks of 16GB DDR4 ECC Server RAM

FYI: New member - joined today. No offense intended
  13. WeekendWarrior

[FS] 2 ICX6610-48P switches

Two points worth mentioning here is that the 6610s include dual PSUs/fans - which many sold on eBay lack - and have PoE capability as reflected by the "48P" identifier. If I hadn't recently bought several of this model, I would be all over this.
  14. WeekendWarrior

Eaton managed PDU (208V) $120 NIB

Eaton's "managed" PDUs measure power through each outlet and allow an outlet-by-outlet ability to turn the power on/off. This set of features is Eaton's highest-end PDU. Managed PDUs can be fairly pricey, especially when new. This listing is a crazy good deal for a brand new, Eaton managed...
  15. WeekendWarrior

WTB: (1-4 sets of) 24x 16GB DDR3 for Supermicro mobo

Hi Ollie, Thanks for your interest. These DIMMs would go into Supermicro X9XRI-LN4F+ and X9DRT-HF motherboards. Regards, Dave
  16. WeekendWarrior

Hi @Liu Kang baking a pie, thanks for your potential interest in selling some DDR3 DIMMs...

Hi @Liu Kang baking a pie, thanks for your potential interest in selling some DDR3 DIMMs. Please let me know the part number(s) you have and what you want for them. Thanks, Dave
  17. WeekendWarrior

Sounds interesting, @Liu Kang baking a pie. I will PM you.
  18. WeekendWarrior

Hi @modder man, thanks again for your potential interest in selling some DDR3 DIMMs. Please let...

Hi @modder man, thanks again for your potential interest in selling some DDR3 DIMMs. Please let me know the part number(s) that you have and what you want for them. Thanks, Dave
  19. WeekendWarrior

Thanks for your interest, @modder man. I will PM you.