Search results

1. fohdeesha

I want some QSFP+ switch, what should I look at?

the 7050QX-32S is an incredibly powerful and flexible switch for what you can get them for on ebay, upgradable RAM, SSD, can run docker containers and KVM VMs directly on the thing, arista's EOS is mostly just fedora and you can make them do pretty much anything you'd ever need to. the "S"...
  2. fohdeesha

I need help finding Broadcom b844 (rev 02) driver / BCM56844A1KFRGB

That's not a NIC, it's a broadcom Trident switching ASIC. There's no drivers for it, and can't act as a NIC to the OS over PCIe. the PCIe connection is used for managing and configuring the ASIC with broadcom SDK calls. You'll need the original software/binary that the manufacturer wrote for it...
  3. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Whatevers the latest 8095 at the time. Also check your discord :)
  4. fohdeesha

ruckus released 8095e, just bugfixes compared to 8095d, nothing I've seen anyone run into here. updated the guide
  5. fohdeesha

How did it fail? what was the error message, did it spew one right after you ran "update_primary"?
  6. fohdeesha

Those are just the setenv commands that saves the name of the images, so the bootloader knows what image names to use later when you run the actual update commands. They don't do anything themselves. After that, there's the update_uboot command, then a reset command so the new bootloader takes...
  7. fohdeesha

did you first flash the newer bootloader, then reset, *then* flash 8090mc? It will work fine if you do so (as the guide says)
  8. fohdeesha

prolly around whatever ebay prices are currently minus ~20% - can you do indy pickup?
  9. fohdeesha

Still have one ICX7250-48 left for sale, cheapest one I see for sale on ebay without port damage is around 260+40 shipping, I could do $240 including a couple optics or 10gbase-T modules. pickup only tho in northern indianapolis, NO SHIP some ICX6610s too
  10. fohdeesha

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

upgrade to 4.18.x or later and then service unsupported-transceiver wiprolabs f5047577
  11. fohdeesha

those are matching pinouts. transmit to recieve and vice versa. they're standard cisco style rj45 serial ports and will work with any of those adapters, if you're not getting output it usually turns out to be a driver issue under windows with all the ftdi's and related knockoffs. sometimes a...
  12. fohdeesha

Brocade VDX 6740

yes they will
  13. fohdeesha

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

these are the perc minis which go in the proprietary small dell storage slot, you can't put them in another PC
  14. fohdeesha

You ran the blade cross flash command on a regular non-blade server, so yes that will definitely brick a card
  15. fohdeesha

7050QX-32S are great switches - full x86_64 management plane, the 32S variant (versus the plain 32) can run the absolute latest EOS, and EOS is great to work with. prefer it to fastiron. two or three times as much RAM, can stick SSDs in them, can run container and KVM vm's on them, etc
  16. fohdeesha

Optimal OS for game dedicated server

What OS, other than anything unix or windows based? Uhhhh....not sure what's even left, AmigaOS? Wy are you excluding 99% of operating systems? I've ran a lot of game servers over the years and have always found debian the easiest when it comes to weird libraries and dependencies for older...
  17. fohdeesha

V9 is released for everything 7 series except the 7750, I would assume because it's the only PPC architecture switch remaining and is about to be eol if it isn't already. I'm sure they were tired of having to maintain both an arm build chain for everything and then a totally separate PPC chain...
  18. fohdeesha

that's really odd - these ISOs are built/tested on an R720. Can you ensure you're on the latest BIOS (2.9.0) and try this newer 1.9 ISO - https://fohdeesha.com/docs/store/perc/perc-crossflash-v1.9.zip with this ISO you must ALSO disable virtualization in BIOS first, along with the other two...
  19. fohdeesha

So, the ICX7450 and ICX6610 fan trays are identical. However for some reason, the ICX6650 fans, albeit in the same formfactor/tray, are different. They look identical but the fans inside the tray are a different model and RPM, and the ICX6610 will not like them. I bought some ICX6650 trays and...
  20. fohdeesha

if anyone was wondering what the major defect was in 8090m that got it pulled (and has now been fixed in 8090mc):