Search results

1. F

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

@fohdeesha My MD1220 firmware says "RedDress" at the command prompt when connected via serial, know anything about that vs BlueDress? I'm hoping the other module that I get also is a RedDress variant just so they match, for the sake of my OCD. edit: nevermind, I see that they just refer to...
  2. F

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

Good thing the modules for the 1220 are cheap...I managed to brick one I guess doing a firmware update? Idk how that happened, it literally worked fine on module 0.
  3. F

Dell VRTX questions

The company and their products are basically dead/obsolete anyway, though it is cool to have one. I got a good deal on a PS4100 that was working loaded with drives. Granted, they're still spinning metal, but still. How much did you get your 3020 for? I like the idea of getting a product that is...
  4. F

EqualLogic PS4100

Hoping there's some fellow owners out there. Are there any commands utilizing the grpadmin CLI to turn the fans down? Haven't' received mine yet but did see a reference to someone on the web who stated they were able to.
  5. F

Dell VRTX questions

Do you happen to have a way to obtain equallogic PS4100 firmware since you have a compellent? Also thanks for the screenshot. I'm a sucker for a nice web UI.
  6. F

Dell VRTX questions

Nice switch, does it have a web UI? It looks to be a L2+ switch, can you do routing and IP addressing with it at the interface level that you know of? Also is that an EqualLogic above your VRTX?
  7. F

Dell VRTX questions

Nice. I'm always a bit jealous of the 10 gig switch finds.
  8. F

Dell VRTX questions

Ebay special?
  9. F

A1SRi-2758F - No disk emulation set in IPMI Web GUI?

I think I did get it to work, but it was just random, and I don't really remember what the fix was. I did everything I could think of and eventually something just worked. Using a super simple user account, a super simple password (think something like abc123), hostnames, IP addresses...
  10. F

Ultimate Home Data Center

So why does this look like a house on the outside, is it for security through obscurity?
  11. F

Cross-flashing Dell RAID firmwares to alternate devices with only a .rom file.

I do have a SPERC8-e card I can throw into a spare rig and dump firmware from, provided there's commands to do that stuff in megacli and what not. Haven't done any flashing in a while so I'm not immediately aware of the capabilities.
  12. F

Cross-flashing Dell RAID firmwares to alternate devices with only a .rom file.

There are countless guides out there for cross flashing traditional Dell PERC cards to the more vanilla firmwares for many of the older and newer SAS2 and 3 chipsets. However, I'm looking to try and cross flash the firmware of a specialized adapter, specifically the Dell Shared PERC 8-External...
  13. F

Dell R730xd with PCIe Extender for U.2 NVMe

There's an increase in the default PWM fan cycle when you install this enablement kit, isn't there? I've been told that the minimum fan % goes up to about 38%. Have you observed this?
  14. F

R730XD fan noise and SSDs, not a "how to fix thread", looking more for experiences.

Do you know which iDRAC/LC version they're on?
  15. F

R730XD fan noise and SSDs, not a "how to fix thread", looking more for experiences.

I have an opportunity to get a few of these but did a little bit of research and learned a later iDRAC release(s) made it so that unvalidated SSDs can cause an increase in fan speeds. I'm aware there are IPMI commands to alter it, but I don't want to mess with that. It just ends up being another...
  16. F

Looking for Dell M830 blades

None on ebay for a reasonable (for home use) price, was hoping someone on here might have a couple they're looking to part with. Barebones preferred but willing to take config'd machines for a reasonable price. 1.8" or 2.5" version okay. US50
  17. F

Dell R630 10-bay (SATA/SAS/NVME) /w 2022 warranty read description $300, x2 1.2TB ioScale PCIe SSD, x2 Intel P3700 400GB U.2 NVMe SSD

Yeah that's fine - however the main problem as usual with these is I don't have any boxes for it. I can take it to a FedEx and have them box and pack it if that works though as part of the cost.
  18. F

Dell R630 10-bay (SATA/SAS/NVME) /w 2022 warranty read description $300, x2 1.2TB ioScale PCIe SSD, x2 Intel P3700 400GB U.2 NVMe SSD

Timestamps: hlsales For sale: Dell R630 10-bay server Bought this for myself with plans to get more for a cluster, never got around to that Selling 'as-is' because I have not personally tested it, never bought hardware for it, the internals all appear to be un-damaged however the front-right...