Search results

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

This should work. Ive used these before for a different use case. you may need to get ones that match the fake rpms of the stock fans. Yes you will need to switch around the pins
  2. J

Thanks. Im aware of those...the problem is the 0.5a max current. I run my mikrotik Omni via poe on a pole on my roof and the omni then powers an ubiquiti lbe ac gen2, lbe-lr and a mikrotik sxt. Unfortunately if I used one of those adapters,it wouldn't have enough power to run the whole setup.
  3. J

thats what I thought. thanks. These damn Mikrotik and Ubuiqiti devices using passive POE... oh well
  4. J

Does the ICX7150-c12 support passive POE (e.g. 24V POE)?
  5. J

ICX7150 for repair?

I got the Meanwell epp-500-54 PSU installed into the ICX7150-C12. It was a tight fit, but after removing the bottom plate of the new PSU and using the shielding on top and bottom from the old, I was able to get it to fit. The switch now powers on successfully, instead of blinking orange for...
  6. J

ICX7150 for repair?

I just ordered the MEAN WELL EPP-500-54 from ebay since it has the best pricing in the pandemic. Ill cut the pins off of the AC and DC cables and bridge them accordingly.
  7. J

ICX7150 for repair?

Im leaning towards the LB130S56K that I can get here for a decent price given the increases: LB130S56K, SL POWER ELECT, POWER SUPPLY | eBay Can anyone confirm if the pins need to be reversed when using this SL Power Elect PSU? I dont believe they do from my review of the spec sheet but want to...
  8. J

ICX7150 for repair?

It looks like this PSU would fit, but I would have to cut the molex adapters. I would connect the AC molex (black to L and white to N) and on the DC side connect the 3 Black wires to the +V and the 3 White wires to the -V. Can someone verify this is correct and that this will fit within the...
  9. J

ICX7150 for repair?

wondering this as well - I just bought a 7150-c12 off of ebay that seems to also have a failed PSU (will test when it arrives). It looks like due to the pandemic, PSUs have gone up in cost significantly. Does anyone have any other recommended PSUs to use as a replacement? Has anyone used an...
  10. J

[WTB] [US-NY] Brocade ICX7150-C12P-2X1G

I am looking for a Brocade ICX7150-C12P-2X1G - anyone have one for sale? thank you
  11. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Supermicro 3.x bioses are signed and cannot be modified. Can you try a 2.x version BIOS? If that does not work, I can try and add the microcode to add support for you
  12. J

Intel Xeon E5-2695 V4 - $219 ($200 BO)

Great deal
  13. J

[WTB] [US-NYC] Samsung 16gb DDR4 ECC Ram (m393a2g40db0-cpb)

it was ebay - the seller is sold out, unfortunately.
  14. J

I got 8 slots,just picked up 2 more so I'm at 50%. My 6148 gold is full with 196gb, with faster. This is for an overpowered media server. Don't require any more ram, otherwise my wife will kill me
  15. J

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

Its a great price. I got one about 6 months ago to replace my ES chip. No complaints at all
  16. J

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

I also wonder the same thing about the E5-16XX v4 processors. the only explanation I can come up with is that these processors are most like the i7 in the series and have high clock speeds versus the E5-26XX series.
  17. J

Yes, I did. They are going for the same price on eBay. A week ago they were down to 25 a piece, but the next day someone bought the whole lot of 100
  18. J

I am looking to buy 2 to 6 sticks of Samsung 16gb DDR4 ECC Ram. Must be model m393a2g40db0-cpb. Thank you!