Search results

1. A

Patricks Building a TrueNAS Core 8-bay mATX ZFS NAS

Thanks for the response i386, I'll check with Asrock.
  2. A

Patricks Building a TrueNAS Core 8-bay mATX ZFS NAS

Hi all, I am looking at building a NAS based off either TrueNAS Core or CentOS with OpenZFS using the Silverstone CS381. I currently have acces to both the ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R and the Supermicro A2SDi-16C-HLN4F. The NAS will primarily be a NAS for photo's and backup so planning a pool of...
  3. A

[WTB] Asrock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T, CPU and Memory

Hi all, Looking to buy an Asrock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T with a lower end CPU (something equivalent to a Xeon Silver 4116) with or without memory. Thanks, Adam
  4. A

EU !VOTING ENDED! WTB Ablecom case CS-T80-02 - GROUP PURCHASE VOTE

I actually bought the CS-T80 v2 from Ablecom directly maybe 2 years ago, ended up costing US 221 for the case and another US 200 for shipping. I like the case but wasnt overly happy with the 2 fans (noisy) in the base that ixsystems replace in their fitout, not sure how you can safely remove them
  5. A

Help Buying From Supermicro Store

Thanks all, I didnt realise ship it to has a assisted buying type option - I will check it out
  6. A

Ebay is literally 10 X the Supermicro store price. Most other sellers are also not far off eBay. I am used to having to pay a markup for these more odd items but sometime it just feels like robery
  7. A

Hi All, Just reaching out to see if anyone is willing to help me purchase 3 Supermicro MCP-260-00084-0N backplates from the Supermicro store and have them sent to my forwarding addresss in the US. Unfortunately I dont have a USA credit card so the checkout process fails. Total is $18.54, I...
  8. A

WTB: Supermicro Xeon D Mini ITX

Hi all, I am looking for a lower end Supermicro Xeon D based motherboard for a dedicated file serving only FreeNAS server. Also interested in memory and potentially a SYS-5029A-2TN4 Mini Tower chassis. I have previously used a Xeon D 1541 but it was definitely overkill for the task. If anyone...
  9. A

AU FS: QNap TVS-1282T3 (New) (ZFS Compatible)

Thanks - not sure what happend there
  10. A

AU FS: QNap TVS-1282T3 (New) (ZFS Compatible)

I am selling a unused i5 16GB QNap TVS-1282T3 NAS. I purchased this device for a client who subsequently did not want it so its been sitting unused. Being one of the higher end units this unit will be compatible with the upcoming QTS Hero which looks like a really good option. Asking $3100 Photos
  11. A

Superchassis Cse-505-203B Cooling

Thanks for the response. Yes the has the 505-203B have the motherboard facing front which suits me just fine for easy cabling. I am really interested to know if the active fan on the xeon d's are capable of being cooled without extra fans. If so I may just stick with the larger and quiter fan in...
  12. A

Superchassis Cse-505-203B Cooling

Hi STH, I currently own a couple of Xeon D 1541 motherboard with the active cooler in the SUPERMICRO CSE-721TQ-250B Black Mini-Tower Server Case. I currently have these in a cupboard with limited airflow and they're running pretty cool (45C). To save some space I am looking at the Superchassis...
  13. A

AU FS: X10SDV Motherboards and More

Happy to revise pricing, if you can post a link I'll take a look and revise accordingly. To my knowledge they're still a $700 odd motherboard based off the new $899 price tag from say NewEgg or WiredZone. Take into consideration shipping to Australia as well as GST of 10% which is now required...
  14. A

Happy to revise pricing, if you can post a link I'll take a look and revise accordingly. To my knowledge they're still a $700 odd motherboard based off the new $899 price tag from say NewEgg or WiredZone. Take into consideration shipping to Australia as well as GST of 10% which is now required...
  15. A

Delete - will revise listing and upload photo's shortly
  16. A

FS: Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O

Hi All, I bought a Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O motherboard as an open box but otherwise brand new. I no longer require it. Just seeing if anyone is in the US is interested before I post it to Aus. $400 ono PayPal preffered Thanks,
  17. A

AU and US: Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O - $425

Hi All, I bought a Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O motherboard as an open box but otherwise brand new for $US. I no longer require it. Just seeing if anyone is in the US is interested before I post it across otherwise I will have it sent to AU and sell it here. Would also be willing to trade for...
  18. A

Cheap Cables (Supermicro eStore)

Thanks everyone for offers of assistance. It's easy to forget that so many people are willing to help if asked - really great community. I'm lining something up now and will report back :)
  19. A

Cheap Cables (Supermicro eStore)

Hey Guys, This is in part a selfish post. I have recently discovered that Supermicro has an online store and they're cables in particular are insanely cheap. One example of many is the Supermicro 55cm OCuLink to U.2 PCIE SFF-8639 which is anywhere from $29 (all of out stock) to $40ish for...
  20. A

HighPoint SSD7120 NVMe RAID Controller

Hi All, I am looking at readjusting my storage server to try something new – FreeNAS. I currently have 2 nodes with 2 X 8TB HDD’s and 2 X Intel P3605 drives each using Supermicro X10SDV motherboards. I am considering combing these into a single server and was considering 4 X 8TB drives in...