Search results

1. A

Problem booting proxmox with 9400-16i installed

I've got a Proxmox box at home that's been running fine for years now (Gigabyte consumer X58 board, X5690), with my mirrored zfs boot disks hanging off of the onboard Intel SATA ports, and a bunch of other storage connected to a pair of 9310-8i HBAs (SC836 w/ TQ backplane). I just got a...
  2. A

1M Monoprice QSFP+ DAC $3.48 (ebay)

I've been on a 40GbE buying spree lately so I've been searching ebay constantly and came across this: www.ebay.com/itm/371880268245 I've had ok luck with monoprice for other things, no idea about DACs though. That said, it's only $3.48. I checked the monoprice website and it's listed at $12.80...
  3. A

Supermicro SAS-836TQ Sideband/SGPIO

So, I have an SAS-836TQ and up until last week, had everything connected with SFF-8087 <> SATA cables with flashed H310s (9211-8i). These cables however didn't have the 8-pin SGPIO wiring. I've just switched to an SAS3 HBA (Flashed M1215, 9340-8i) and this time, bought cables that include the...
  4. A

FS: Supermicro X8, LGA1366 CPU, misc. PCIe cards, some RAM

Selling some of my hardware that's been taking up valuable space. The mobo is very nice but I only rarely used it for testing and really don't need the ridiculous 7 PCIe slots it offers, plus the board is physically huge. Will update as items are sold or if I find new things to add to the list...
  5. A

System panics/freezes randomly

So I've been running into an incredibly annoying problem with my new-to-me setup. Please take a quick look at my thread here on the nas4free forums for the entire timeline: System panics randomly and reboots - Forums Every day (or two-three) or so, my nas4free system will panic (or outright...
  6. A

Supermicro SC835 parts on SC836?

I noticed supermicro has a 3U chassis that is designed to work with GPUs, the SC835: Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 3U | SC835BTQ-R1K28B My current chassis is an SC836, which unfortunately doesn't have PCIe power connectors. The SC836 seems to be very similar to the SC835, so I thought that...
  7. A

Chenbro Slim FDD Slot SATA/SAS Hot swap adapter

Found this on Amazon recently, the cheapest option out there as far as I can tell for replacing those fixed-disk mount floppy bays on supermicro servers with a more useful hot swap 2.5 bay. Still looking for a cheap way to fill the CD slot with one of these too...
  8. A

PSA flashed H310 and supermicro (x8) ram issues

Just a heads up about a little issue I hit when I recently moved my storage setup to a cheap supermicro sc836 with an x8dth-i. I had previously been using two flashed H310s without any problems on my other lga1366 consumer gigabyte board, but when I put all of my hardware in the supermicro...