Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm running 08.0.92bT211 - is that good also? EDIT: I'm running L2 only - no L3 on the 2 stacked switches.
  2. D

s/co workers/fellow employees/ ?
  3. D

Asking a small favor from any SAS SSD owners on the forum

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Vendor: SEAGATE Product: ST960FM0003 Revision: 0007 Compliance: SPC-4 User Capacity: 960,197,124,096 bytes [960 GB] Logical block size: 512 bytes Physical block size: 4096 bytes LU is resource...
  4. D

Recommended self-hosted VPN software for smallest latency penalty

OpenVPN also is supposedly somewhat slow. 3rd for wireguard.
  5. D

Water cooling question

Ah, the dreaded WAF? (Wife Acceptance Factor)
  6. D

Oracle sucks bag too.
  7. D

Struggling to get Proxmox booting via NVME on a SuperMicro server .. all help appreciated

Or you could just install proxmox on a random SATA SSD and use the nvme for guest storage. AFAIK, nothing on the proxmox install itself is particularly performance critical.
  8. D

Need a SAN upgrade for our FreeNAS & Xen-XCP Cluster - Starwinds VSAN?

I'm running a variant of that. SM dual-head jbod with 2 linux servers. One is minimal config as secondary. Haven't had a failure yet, just switching to secondary when primary needs a reboot due to OS update.
  9. D

The ultimate ZFS ESXi datastore for the advanced single User (want, not have)

I have the ewwhite HA/NFS pacemaker cluster working fine for awhile now. CentOS8.
  10. D

icx7250 setup help

Correct.
  11. D

icx7250 setup help

Not commenting on anything else in your OP, but you don't need crossover cables anymore, as long as both NICs are gigabit.
  12. D

Bhyve vs proxmox

Dunno about bhyve, but proxmox does the VMDKs as zvols. Maybe that sucks, performance-wise? Although 2 minutes sounds like a lot. Is this done at the CLI? I haven't used proxmox for quite awhile, but I'm wondering if they are not doing zfs snapshots, but something else?
  13. D

Is it possible to upgrade Ruckus Unleashed without an outage?

Not that big of a deal. Just seems like there ought to be a more seamless failover, but it is what it is.
  14. D

actually, this is the splash screen: Rebuilding the Unleashed Network. It may take a few minutes. and the virtual IP is not pingable. timing it...
  15. D

I don't think I was clear, sorry. What I've noticed in the past: if the master AP reboots, wifi is offline until failover to the other one. That's where the message about reconfiguring comes in. It kinda surprised me that there is that long of an outage.
  16. D

I have 2 units in my house - one on the ground floor, and one in the finished basement. Whenever I've done an update before, there is an outage of several minutes, even though only one AP is offline/rebooting. I vaguely recall seeing a message about updating the configuration or whatever (e.g...
  17. D

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

That's what *she* said!