Search results

1. B

Used Aruba AP-325 (APIN0325)

If you're fine with 801.11ac Wave 1 and want something even cheaper, can get an Aerohive AP230 for $25 shipped.
  2. B

1U Esxi 7 Server enough airflow for 10Gig network card

That card only uses ~10W, so, it's not much heat. 1U doesn't mean poor cooling. As long as your server isn't fanless, should be fine.
  3. B

1U 12 x 3.5" server barebone with 10GbE - $95 shipped

The 25% off promo they had expired, so price went back up. Not something we did for once. As for SAS, it has an integrated LSI 2008.
  4. B

Small, low profile gpu/compute card?

Quadro P1000 or T600 maybe? There's not a whole lot that's low profile these days.
  5. B

Kioxia FL6 SSD with 60 DWPD XL-FLASH Brings the SLC

350PB for the top capacity. Similar to that of a P5800X, which is good for 100 DWPD.
  6. B

Dell OEM XL R720 vs PowerEdge R720

I've since sold mine, so regrettably can't check.
  7. B

Dell OEM XL R720 vs PowerEdge R720

Dell still supports them and you can put the service tag in the support site for all the associated downloads. They're pretty much identical last I checked. My XL R620 had 10 bays vs the usual 8 of the retail one, but that that was the only difference I could tell (which was a plus anyway).
  8. B

FS: Lots of fanless, embedded, and/or low power PC/network appliances (ideal for pfSense or the likes)

Another round of price drops. Guess this will soon be heading to eBay.
  9. B

1U 12 x 3.5" server barebone with 10GbE - $95 shipped

Stumbled upon this and noted that it was half the price of the similar Chenbro model. Has a bonus of 2 x 2.5" slots (vs 1 on the Chenbro) and integrated 10GbE (SFP+). Motherboard look to be an Inventec B420GA0, which I've never heard of. There's very little info on either the motherboard or...
  10. B

Supermicro BIOS & IPMI Listing (including older versions)

Another ~400 files added. A good number for the X10 generation and still a few more X9 ones too (which are now 9 years old).
  11. B

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

If not, I have 15 BIOS versions up there that you can try for that model.
  12. B

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-bios-ipmi-listing-including-older-versions.30007/
  13. B

Deals/FS/WTB new members should not be able to post new threads

Most of the spam I see isn't in the form of new threads but replies to very old ones with certain keywords (say, air conditioning). They put in some generic message relating to the topic, but then edit their post a few days later to add URLs so that it's harder to notice. Have reported more of...
  14. B

Cooling help needed - Converting/replacing supermicro passive heat sink an active one

Koolance used to make such a system ages ago, though not sure these days. I'm sure you could rig up something yourself, but if you don't have all the parts already, it would quickly add up (1U water blocks are ~$100 each alone). Doesn't feel like the most cost effective thing when these servers...
  15. B

Cooling help needed - Converting/replacing supermicro passive heat sink an active one

I would not recommend modifying the cooling on that server (including replacing the chassis fans like you have). Supermicro's Ultra line is meant to be high performance and anything but quiet. The only things that I'm aware of that will clear the bracket are 1U active coolers and they will be...
  16. B

128Gb RAM in PowerEdge T140 possible?

My guess is you won't see any, with DDR5 arriving at the end of the year. The platform would also need to support the higher density should they come out in DDR4. Probably wouldn't be all that cost effective anyway, given that 32GB UDIMMs are double the price of RDIMMs. For $1k in RAM, you might...
  17. B

PoE IP camera that works without "clouds" recommendation

The vast majority of IP cameras are meant to be viewed locally. Just avoid ones that are obviously cloud centric (Nest, Ring, etc). The above mentioned brands should get you started. You'll then need to decide on form factor (dome, bullet, etc), resolution, and any other features you might...
  18. B

FS: Lots of fanless, embedded, and/or low power PC/network appliances (ideal for pfSense or the likes)

Prices dropped all around. Surely one of you needs another router.
  19. B

keeping server room dust-free, how do you do that?

I can't escape it living in the desert (at least in a residential setup), but went from canned air to this: XPOWER A-2 Airrow Pro Duster, Blower & Air Pump
  20. B

Power Protection

I would have no qualms about getting one second hand personally. It's just a big transformer inside. No moving parts or consumables.