Search results

1. M

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

I didn't make it work, they just did I did have to fiddle with the BIOS battery, found results in flashing BIOS with battery removed Originally did have DP out issues (lack there of) but seemed to sort it self I grew more confident It could be related to VBIOS/GOP as well
  2. M

1. Yes should work pretty well on any Skylake based (100 series) Mobo, but don't hold me to that Just BACKUP your BIOS before trying, I'm getting more and more that forget that part and Doh! 2. I just left the ME as it was, as updating gave me grief, but CoffeeTime updated the VBIOS with no...
  3. M

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Added Dell Optiplex 5090 and 7090 Rocket Lake CPU based Micro's Lenovo Thinkstation P350 HP Elitedesk 800g8 and Prodesk 600g8, seem to have skipped g7
  4. M

I do believe you can, I seem to remember someone doing it And this Intel Microcode support shows it should as v5 is a Skylake CPU with 506E3 CPUID same as 6000 series CPUs https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/sa00115-microcode-update-guidance.pdf
  5. M

Give this ago from M800 Manual Recovering from a BIOS update failure To recover from a BIOS update failure, do the following: 1. Remove any media from the drives and turn off all connected devices and the computer. Then,disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all...
  6. M

But did you remove the battery from Mobo when flashing ? I also had no video issues in the early days
  7. M

Oh how important BIOS backup is before doing any of this Do the BIOS flash without the battery You may have settings getting stuck You are flashing with an EPROM programmer ? as Software Flashing may not have same effect from a backup
  8. M

Another CPU option might be Laptop Coffee Lake CPUs with an adaptor to LGA1151 Here is an example of a i7-9750H Aliexpress Am tempted but still the 6core+ CPU to make work
  9. M

As long as the pad mod works for 6Core+ CPU's (I've not tested), then it should work fine The CPU alone will be many times the cost of a M700/900
  10. M

Any with bios from a lenovo tiny m900?

Lenovo M700 Tiny PC experiences
  11. M

Yes I do, there is a link in first post taking you to my site where I can host large files Or this link will take you to same place Lenovo M700 Tiny PC experiences It has a download with everything needed to flash M700/900 including full BIOS backups
  12. M

r720 iDrac Update failed to validate

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-nz/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=0ghf4&oscode=ws8r2&productcode=poweredge-r720 Click on version
  13. M

New SOC8 clip arrived, much better built than the cheap all in one, should last many flashes, already done a heap but... I can't get the i3-9100T to work in the M900 I have a feeling that the BIOS update(M910) that Windows insisted on which had only Security/Microcode updates wrote either the...
  14. M

Lenovo Tiny's have very limited BIOS settings, don't recall any update auto or not The SOC8 clip looks to have arrived in the country so hoping next week to be back up and running Currently using my old Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop with lid closed, not working too bad but once again limited to...
  15. M

Hmmm, Windows 10 caught me unawares by doing a BIOS update in its preview update along .NET This has thrown a spanner in my works Windows update decided to grab the M910 BIOS from March and apply it I noticed too late This BIOS of course will undo all the mods applied to the M900 BIOS, and not...
  16. M

Right just got another 4k/60 HDMI cable So DP1 on M700/900 goes to HDMI2 on TV via active DP to HDMI 2.0 adaptor DP2 on M700/900 goes to BD/DVD on Amp via DP to HDMI cable then out to TV HDMI1 (ARC) To get 4k60 AND sound via Amp desktop has to set to 'Extended' other wise Computer won't see the...
  17. M

Shifting rental houses soon, got a cheaper place while we wait for house to get rebuilt, which is taking way longer than hoped Current house fully furnished new house not, so bit of a buying spree New 4k/60 TV purchased and working Here are my findings with 4k60 and i9300T The i9300T doesn't...
  18. M

Yup, that should do it, M710/910 already support Kaby Lake so my first step isn't needed I didn't update the ME FW or all the other stuff ie UUID etc, I just put up with the Network booting attempt, as I very rarely reboot my unit How ever you flash is up to you, I find it easier to flash...
  19. M

Head on over here: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/33682-lenovo-m700-tiny-pc-experiences/ Lenovo M700 Tiny PC experiences In first post is a link to a compressed file with my backups of both M700 and M900 + modified BIOS's as well Good luck in getting back
  20. M

Added M75q Gen2 AMD Ryzen 4000 series Tiny