Search results

1. T

(US) DFI Strikes again with a DT-122-GH, V1807B and PCIe 3.0x16 for 370 USD. Another HP thin client SFF workalike?

Looking at the chassis, is that standard slot size for (Q)SFP or other various types of cards (LSI 8e)?
  2. T

EXPIRED Western Digital DC SA620 1.6tb $145 or buyer's offer

US $126.00 He has them reposted. The price is pretty good, but the speeds are ho-hum due to sata interface. I'm wondering if a 2tb consumer drive for $160ish has better value for home use
  3. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

not to brag, but I got mine for free off eBay because the 2.5 side doesn’t work and the seller didn’t want it back (and refunded me whole). I’m slowly working toward the fan mod like the 6610 with the 2x120 on plexiglass. Photos when I’m done
  4. T

Before I start bricking stuff, I'm looking to upgrade my 7150-C12 to 8090k from the fohdeesha default 8080. Guides/videos talk about usb upgrade, but before I brick it, they mention the security of NOT having a cfg installed when going to upgrade. So... how do you do that? I have the ICX7150...
  5. T

[FreeNAS] 2 different disks sets 1 pool?

Resurrecting the dead, as I think that a junior question on a similar theme can stay here: I'm looking at a backup of my Unraid mostly-media server (using rclone or rsync) using TrueNas. This backup has 9x8tb and 8x4tb. Planning two vdevs raidz2. I would have three open chassis bays still...
  6. T

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

It's not. I bought the 8x2.5 2U hotswap cage from them, and an i5-8600 for discount. Others got that 8x2.5 U.2 cage from them also.
  7. T

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

This vendor cracks me up. They have intense (at times obscure) enterprise computer stuff, and all of their other wares for sale.
  8. T

Ultimate Home Data Center

Cootys Rat Semen
  9. T

Samsung SM863 MZ-7KM1T90 2.5'' 1.92TB 6Gbps SATA SSD

Struggling to see how this is better than a new consumer Crucial 2tb or a SAS 12g 1.6tb drive that go for similar prices. Are there specs on this that I'm missing?
  10. T

Ultimate Home Data Center

According to a documentary series I watched as a kid, some family from the Ozarks struck oil, got rich and moved TO Beverly Hills. The fish out of water scenarios that followed were funny for the time, but seem quaint by today’s standards. I didn’t realize that Beverly Hills already had oil.
  11. T

PfSense, how to block one MAC address from accessing the Internet

Edit, missed the MSFT Telemetry
  12. T

Between the first page, fohdeesha’s website, the search function here, we have almost everything sorted from “routine use” perspective. maybe people can catalogue our findings here, Brocade ICX Series at home Wiki
  13. T

Well, it requires a fan (not the one in the PSU) in order to fully boot. You can do some command line stuff, but to actually run the switch it requires a fan module. I'll sell you mine once I finalize my fan mod that DodgyRoute is helping me concoct. Edit: Had 7450 stuck in my head, Kylie...
  14. T

Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

I am testing the sas version of this. With 3 2.5 10k drives connected got to 60C really quickly. Now I moved it aside until I can figure out a chassis situation. I'm running badblock tests and have one fan directly in front blowing into the cage and one on the other side blowing away.
  15. T

Flash/Crossflash DELL H330 RAID Card to HBA330/12Gbps HBA IT Firmware

I ended up jumping to UEFI Shell to do this step, I think. I forget how it went down, but the UEFI will lock the controller and not show it to FreeDos in a way it can write to it. I went through hours of frustration trying to figure this out. I wish I had documented my solution. Something else...
  16. T

What do the CONN jumpers do? My 7450-32zp has busted 2.5 ports, but there is a CONN16 3-pin header next to it. There are a lot of headers on these switches, but what purpose do they serve? The attached pic shows the two processors over the 2.5gbe ports (right) and the regular ones (left). The 8...
  17. T

Well, I got my 7450-32zp finally up and running the latest firmware. The 2.5gbe ports are sadly nonfunctional, I can't figure out how I could fix them as the switch has physical damage to the exterior. I have a cobbled USBmini-serial cable, and updated bootrom/firmware from the regular USB port...
  18. T

I used this to hack into my 7450 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075V1RGQK
  19. T

icx7250 setup help

but only for lines going through the switch, right? Do modern nic’s auto-negotiate a pc to pc connection?