Search results

1. E

The quest for the HGST UltraStar SN260 firmware updates...

I've got some copies of the zip files on dropbox because it appears that one's registration must be 'validated' on the HGST site before one can actually register a drive. Please PM me with your email so I can share the files if you need them...
  2. E

Happy to report that this -122 firmware resolved the iDRAC 5.00.yy.z issue I was experiencing in the first place..
  3. E

Ok, got in touch with someone from WD who finally helped get the updated firmware and tools (Windows, Linux and UEFI). Here's the procedure: 1) go to https://portal.wdc.com/s and register your email. 2) register your drives and wait for them to be 'verified'. Once verified, you will get access...
  4. E

Now if anyone has a more recent firmware than KNGND101 for the HUSMR7676BHP3Y1, I'll take that. (Please and thanks in advance). It's now been over a week of trying to locate a firmware update for these HGST NVMe HHHL drives (UltraStart Sn260)
  5. E

Luckily, I had the two WDC support case numbers available and they were not able to dodge this last reply.
  6. E

As for WD/HGST support... After two cases on the WDC support portal (only the 2nd one was answered), I was advised to: ------------------ [02:25:16 PM]VINCENT COJOT: Take your time, it's OK. Those are expensive drives and I went for them because they had 5 years warranty on them [02:29:27...
  7. E

This is turning into a sh**t show of how pathetic this industry is turning. Quick recap: Any iDRAC update after 5.00.yy.z bricks my Dell PowerEdge T640 if the two Dell-Banded HGST NVMe drives are present in the system. (yellow screen of death). - Case opened with Dell support. They tried to...
  8. E

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

@fohdeesha For me, it was the iDRAC 5.00.xx.y update that broke it. With my SN260 drives, the 14th gen Dell wouldn't boot anymore after the iDRAC update. When contacted, Dell support said the boot failure was caused by the two SN260 cards in my system. Since I appear to be running an older...
  9. E

Working through the maze of WD support. It seems that HGST has a support portal (B2B, make sure to register with a @dot.com email) where you can register enterprise drives. I registered and my assets are pending verification.
  10. E

Dell SN260 7.68TB SSD $1140 OBO

@kedzior You're now my only hope.. I'm struggling to locate a more recent firmware version than KNGND101. Apprently, on my Dell T640, these NVMes cause a boot failure and I'd like to try updating them before I try other things.
  11. E

Does anyone know how to update firmware on the HGST SN200 NVMe SSDs? I have a few of these: Ultrastar DC SN200 HHHL 7,68 To (HUSMR7676BHP3Y1 / 0TS1353) But unfortunately, I am running firmware KNGND101 whereas KNGND110 seem to be the most common firmware available. Any ideas? On iDRAC firmware...
  12. E

128Gb RAM in PowerEdge T140 possible?

@BlueFox Thanks. I was not aware of that. So I guess I'd have to wait for 64G UDIMMs (if those things ever come out one day)
  13. E

HGST HUSMR7676BHP3Y1 firmware? (SN200 7.68Tb)

Hi, I have a few of these (all on KNGND101) and I can see signs of more recent firmwares in a few places, e.g: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=44411 (says KNGND110). I'm researching a failure to boot with iDRAC >= 5.00.yy.z if those drives...
  14. E

OK, it seems the E2X00 Xeons don't support any other ECC types: Is Registered ECC Memory Compatible with Intel® Xeon®... ``` Description Can I install the Intel® Xeon® E-2224 Processor and Registered ECC DIMM (RDIMM) memory on a server board? Resolution Only Unregistered ECC DIMM (UDIMM)...
  15. E

Now, here's my next question: with larger LRDIMMs and RDIMMs available, would any of these work in a T140? (as long as I remove all UDIMM memory). Pinout appears similar, large RDIMMs are quad rank while my UDIMMs are 8x rank. Is there a risk to the T140 motherboard if I were to try 2 x 64G...
  16. E

Dell PowerEdge T640 as a Workstation : Powerful and Silent.

I do have two 1100W PSUs in the T630. It is quieter than the T640 sitting next to it but on 13th gen you can control fan speeds with ipmitool. Here's my current reading for the T630: # ipmitool sdr type Fan Fan1 | 30h | ok | 7.1 | 1200 RPM Fan2 | 31h | ok | 7.1 |...
  17. E

So there are a few things: The current only 'best' PSU in the T630 in North America (110V-120V) is the 1100W PSU and you can have two of them (non-redundant), which is what I use. On 120V, the -only- PSU delivering more watts than the 1100W PSU is the 2400W PSU made for the T640. I got one and...
  18. E

For the T440 without the PDU Board: An NVidia GTX 1050 Ti in that PowerEdge T440 without the GPU Kit.
  19. E

For cpus, I got word from others here that Azure was dumping some high-core Xeon SP Gen2 cpus on ebay.. Someone, had a T640 and tried a pair in his machine but it didn't work for him. I got a pair of 8269CY's from a contact in China (they're probably from a cloud provider there). if your chips...
  20. E

@Mitchy I'm by no means an expert on this but here are my takeaways: - non-enterprise drives - HDD: The T640 will bump up the fans with WD REDs, not the T630. The 13th gen are much more tolerant. Same for GPUs, my T630 doesn't care about my GTX 1660 Ti but the T640 didn't like it and started...