Search results

1. maxermaxer

Is this setup for Pfsense as a router for 1000Mbps WAN?

Thank you for telling me, a network newbie, this trick! :) If I would like to get a upgraded Supermicro based system (from my current Supermicro A1SAi-2750F - Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz), what SM model system are available in the market that is not too expensive and suitable for...
  2. maxermaxer

Am I missing something? Isn't Lenovo m920q a single LAN port PC? I don't see PCIE expansion slot that I can add LAN card to it. With just 1 LAN port how can it be a pfsense router/firewall?
  3. maxermaxer

Pfsense under ESXI slow WAN speed

Here is the network interface settings:
  4. maxermaxer

I use Supermicro A1SAi-2750F I use two of the 4 onboard NICs Thanks!
  5. maxermaxer

Yes I already use vmxnet3
  6. maxermaxer

Problem/issue I have: the WAN speed under Pfsense on EXSI is too low. My WAN speed should be nearly 1000Mbps. Without the Pfsense router I am getting somewhere between 960-980Mbps. I have been using Pfsense as my home network router and firewall for a long time. I haven't really looked deeper...
  7. maxermaxer

Thanks! Why do you prefer OPNsense to Pfsense?
  8. maxermaxer

Thank you! That's helpful!
  9. maxermaxer

I happened to have a chance to buy this fanless router but I am not sure how good it is to use it for Pfsense for a 1000Mbps WAN internet. Can someone shed some light? Thank you! Gargoyle x86 3215U - Intel Celeron 3215U - ADATA AM1L16BC2P1-B1FS 2GB DDR3L-1600MHz SO-DIMM - BIWIN M6225 8GB SSD -...
  10. maxermaxer

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

Hi sts950, how do you find the noise level? Is it very loud? I am planning to build a NAS server with this in my homelab. Thanks!
  11. maxermaxer

ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD on Supermicro H11Dsi MB

Update, I can get it working now. Installing Windows on the NVME drive. Thanks for the help!
  12. maxermaxer

Thanks Dolpa and Spartus!I will try today. Can I use this setting to install Windows on the M.2 drives on this M.2 X16 Gen 4 card?
  13. maxermaxer

Hello! Has anyone successfully installed Windows on a NVME M.2 drive through the M.2 X16 Gen 4 card? Thanks!
  14. maxermaxer

SM H11Dsi No Heartbeat light

If the heartbeat light doesn't turn on after switching the Power On button on the PSU what could be the reason. It was strange that after I changed GPU today the IPMI heartbeat light doesn't turn on at all.
  15. maxermaxer

FS: AMD Threadripper Pro 3945WX - Used

Thank you! It confirms my assumption.
  16. maxermaxer

EU FS: Quadro GPUs

Is the Quadro card still available?
  17. maxermaxer

TR Pro was exclusively provided to Lenovo for its workstation P620 for over one year before TR Pro had become available to retail market. However the 3945WX model is a bit special since it is still not available to public and there is no retail price for it. I feel AMD has no intention to make...
  18. maxermaxer

I tested it on Supermicro m12swa-tf and Asus WRX80 Sage. That's why I think this is vendor-locked.
  19. maxermaxer

I have bought this CPU from a eBay seller who claimed this CPU has been tested on Supermicro m12swa-tf motherboard. However it doesn''t after I tested. If it is not defective then most likely it is vendor locked (anyone can confirm?). The CPU itself is warm but it is just not booting. I am...
  20. maxermaxer

Threadripper Pro 3945WX locked to Lenovo WS?

I purchased a Threadripper Pro 3945WX from eBay. Seller says it is "Pulled from defective P620. CPU tested on M12SWA-TF motherboard." When I saw that I assumed that the CPU is not locked and should work on ASUS Pro WS WRX8 motherboard. However when I tried to boot it for the 1st time today it...