Search results

1. Bjorn Smith

EU WTB: hgst ultrastar data60+ data102

Hi, You should probably work a little on your wording - since it can be hard to understand whether or not you want to buy or want to sell. This is done by adding a WTB:/WTS: in your title - also its a good habit to add a flavor, i.e. [EU]/[US].
  2. Bjorn Smith

EU **SOLD** [FS] Netgate SG-3100 MAX appliance (used)

The cheapest possible solution for everything :) But basically everything except dentistry is paid for. Healt care University You name it. But lets not hijack this thread anymore :)
  3. Bjorn Smith

EU **SOLD** [FS] Netgate SG-3100 MAX appliance (used)

Pfft - thats nothing - in Denmark we pay 25% :)
  4. Bjorn Smith

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Power is expensive in Denmark, so even a small homelab runs up into more than $1000 USD per year in power. The "few" servers I run probably uses around 4-500w/h, which quickly amounts to something, when every kw/h cost around 0.38 USD :-(
  5. Bjorn Smith

UK [SOLD](Ebay) AsrockRack 1U Server D1541D4U - 425 GBP OBO

I guess that depends on where in EU you live? VAT is different in the different countries, in Denmark 25% VAT will be added to the price - plus probably 250DKK for "handling"
  6. Bjorn Smith

Windows 11, why, why now, and what matters?

I guess you missed the "secure" - and by removing old CPU's without security features it by default becomes a little more secure, since they don't have to cater for old useless stuff and can remove code catering for that. Its kind of just if a car manufacturer removes wheels from their cars...
  7. Bjorn Smith

A bit unsurprising though - windows 11 is just a patch onto windows 10, so if they broke something they have done something bad. Its not like windows 11 is a new OS, its still the same, just with stuff removed, so its more "secure" and different.
  8. Bjorn Smith

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128484/intel-ssd-dc-p4500-series-8-0tb-ruler-pcie-3-1-x4-3d1-tlc.html So a pretty good drive, if you have a server with slots for it :-) Price is decent in my opinion, 8TB of enterprise SSD, with good endurance for 900 USD.
  9. Bjorn Smith

EU FS: Intel Xeon E-2236 Supermicro Server

People do not care if stuff are new. You cannot expect to get a prices as if its new. New RAM is actually probably worse than used RAM - since it has not been burned in and can fail still.
  10. Bjorn Smith

EU FS: Intel Xeon E-2236 Supermicro Server

Yeah, a bit on the expensive side :-) try 500 EUR then you might have more luck.
  11. Bjorn Smith

SOLD: Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure $200 + Shipping

The right voltage I might add - if just you silly americans saw the light and turned to AC like the rest of the world :cool:
  12. Bjorn Smith

FS: Supermicro SC745 server chassis case w/ 920W SQ Power Supply

I have to second this :-) I have two of these cases, one old version and a newer version like this, and its perfect for a home server.
  13. Bjorn Smith

(FS) ASRock ITX MoBo combo, great for firewall build

Its a great little board :) I have had one running my pfsense, and now I have actually made it run a backup esxi 7 server for my backup infrastructure when i take down my main esxi server down for maintenance.
  14. Bjorn Smith

EU [FS] Samsung 2.5 Enterprise SSD

What sizes are these drives? all 960GB?
  15. Bjorn Smith

[WTB] 16-18 14TB SAS or SATA hard drives

Still with a replication factor of 3 thats 74TB of raw storage :-) - I have around 20 VMs running off 8TB and still have 6,4TB remaining does ceph not compress the data you store?
  16. Bjorn Smith

[WTB] 16-18 14TB SAS or SATA hard drives

Not having anything remotely like that for sale, but just wondering what the hell you need all that storage for in ceph cluster?
  17. Bjorn Smith

Well, that makes it easy for me - my ancient Ryzen 7 1700 will not be compatible with windows 11 :-) - I mean it ancient with its little more than 4 years of age, surely it would be crazy to support such an ancient CPU.
  18. Bjorn Smith

The ultimate ZFS ESXi datastore for the advanced single User (want, not have)

Just to chip in. My experience is: No matter how fast you get your ZFS datastores - esxi will never be able to use all that speed, meaning - if you have a datastore capable of pushing 4GB/s sync writes - and a network that can support that speed - esxi will never use all that bandwidth for a...
  19. Bjorn Smith

FS: 12 x 2TB 2.5" SSDs

Chia people beware - these drives are not good for chia - they have a 1000TBW total, which by their standard warranty of 3 years amounts to 0.9 TB/D - or around 0.5 DWPD for 3 years. And they are also QLC drives as far as I know. But for regular storage this would be awesome - so good luck with...
  20. Bjorn Smith

WTB: Samsung, Intel or Micron: 960GB enterprise/datacenter M2 NVME SSD

I am not questioning the usage of consumer drives as boot drives, more the existance of non-consumer m.2 drives - since I was not aware that any such thing existed because of the tiny form factor would make it hard to put capacitors etc.