Search results

1. S

WTB: Looking for a replacement to the Quanta LB8M (North America)

Since this looks very similar to he Dell Powerconnect series, I would look at those and see if you can find one that fits your feature needs.
  2. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Is that supermicro card missing a button battery? And if so, what type does it require? Also, do these cards have the 2TB limit?
  3. S

I have too many Precisions and too little time

It's always hard to find genuine ones on ebay. Lots of fakesters out there. Interesting. I wonder if that older one was failing and only when pushed to the limit would the issue show? I know a lot of cheaper 'wall wart' type of power supplies will lose their ability to provide current before...
  4. S

Nice. So you essentially got a parts machine and parts you needed. ;) My M6800 didn't come with the factory 240w power supply so I'm on the hunt for that. But there was a nice docking station kit that came with it for a little more so leaning towards that route. And then there was an extra...
  5. S

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Yah! The prices will drop more and it will get closer to upgrade time. You know I just had an inspiration for a funny commercial video based on the old 'Miller Time' commercials except instead it would be 'Upgrade Time'. :D
  6. S

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I'm still trying to find one at $90 with w iot to upgrade my older z90s7. :(
  7. S

EXPIRED (US) - Oh look, hell just froze over - HP t740 thin clients are back below 400 USD (375 to 400, Wifi/BT or not)

I wouldn't call it 'much better' because generally what I've found is 50-100 improvements on the single thread don't translate to the system feeling any faster, and the AMD is literally just 100 faster. Plus factor in the AMD 4c8t vs the 6c6t of the Intel and on core heavy workloads the Intel...
  8. S

FS: Switches, Storage, and more!

Bubble wrap and servers generally don't end up well as the servers move and start popping bubbles. It's hard foam or nothing for anything heavy. I recently got something something shipped to me that had cut up pool noodles for packing material around all the edges--cheap and great packing...
  9. S

FS: 20 Packs of 16TB and 18TB drives

Yeah, that's a pretty good way to do it too, although seeing the validated warranty in the fs post encourages a buyer. ;)
  10. S

FS: 600GB 10K RPM SAS 6Gbps 2.5in Hard Drives TP591755000600A

Won't put many hours at all to do some simple smart tests. Paypal is the usual around here so that's good. :)
  11. S

Even for domestic sales? Where did you get them from and are they not tested?
  12. S

Only wire? What is the history of the drives? Are they new or used?
  13. S

A lot of times even sealed packs won't have the full warranty as the serial number was designated for oem distribution or some other restriction. I'd pull out one drive and run the serial and post a screenshot of the warranty details for peace of mind for the buyer as this is a heavy investment. :)
  14. S

Warranty? Payment? Where would they be shipping from? International shipping available?
  15. S

FS: Many, many home lab and home server items

Wise words. Thank you for sharing them. :)
  16. S

Thank you! I try to be. :) I also know firsthand the stress our friend peanuthead is going through when I was taking care of my parents--it's tremendous. And a little empathy goes a long way when you're in that state. He's helped me out over the years and I really feel for him right now. :(
  17. S

I know the feeling. My dad went from zero to stage 3 as well. His surgery took care of most of it and his chemo was done after 6 months, but then covid hit him while I was away for just a few days to visit my neglected wife and he never recovered even after a valiant 2 month fight. :( I'm so...
  18. S

Nice! Pretty surprising to have a 'containment structure' for that battery. :oops: Must have some radioactive stuff in it. :eek: I finally got my first precision--an M6800 with the top end i7--solid speed upgrade from my HP 8760w, and a great backup. :)
  19. S

It's 576TB...pffff....not even a petabyte. o_O
  20. S

I think they are also going to learn how crypto in general is a very poor investment...just like the tulip holders did a couple of hundred years ago...