Search results

1. R

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Hi, I run into the paywall as well. I downloaded the next to last version which is still free and was then able to upgrade from the Ap web interface, like mentioned above.
  2. R

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

accepted 5x $10
  3. R

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I did not know your requirements and I do not know the answer. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable will chime in.
  4. R

Ha, before I would buy a $100 plus card for a measly 5070 there are other options to consider. Anything recent with a pcie slot should work equally well for a fraction of the total. Also, if your heart is set on a thin client, for about $30 shipped you could buy a t630 and add a second optical...
  5. R

PoE passthrough managed switch?

the hp 517 walljacks could be interesting too. They can be found in the $10 range. They have one passthrough POE. You should buy them with the bracket, otherwise they are hard to mount. They do need a controller box for management, e.g. MSM 720 which is one of the higher end options. So for only...
  6. R

PoE passthrough managed switch?

Might not have enough ports for you, but it has otherwise great features. https://www.amazon.com/Intellinet-561082-Port-Gigabit-Switch/dp/B01BA5JH52/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=intellinet&qid=1616617772&sr=8-3#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
  7. R

Anybody ever came across something similar to this? LRST8615-4IT 6Gb/s Mini PCIe to 4-Port SATA3 Expansion Card. That card seems to be discontinued. Just realized that this is mini PCIe, obviously m2 would be needed.
  8. R

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

https://www.servethehome.com/tyan-s5512wgm2nr-c204-xeon-e3-lsi-sas2008-motherboard-review/
  9. R

Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Hi, I could not access the downloads on the quantum site. Anybody knows where I can find the latest bios and BMC firmware? Thanks!
  10. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

That is certainly good to know. I did not run into any ram problems with my 16gb sticks but I could imagine that 32gb sticks are more fragile due to their density.
  11. R

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Seller accepted $150 each for 2 lots. Also 13% eBay bucks for me. Lot of 4 Samsung 32GB (128GB total) PC3-14900 DDR3 desktop/server ram | eBay
  12. R

Dell T7600 ES workstation w/ re-programmable bios

I looked up the service tag. I seems that this might have a custom bios. Could be the main attraction here is the socketed bios. Probably not engineering sample.
  13. R

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Just tried 4K on a pretty recent win10 installation and it works. I am using an active display port to hdmi cable from cable matters (4K 30z). The AMD display software is installed. It actually has a provision to mess with the EDID information. I might need to do that since my display reports...
  14. R

$10/TB or less 3, 4, 6 TB SAS drives

No longer a good deal, now at $15/TB for the 6TB drives. Tried to get some for $60 but seller was holding firm at $70 and eventually rescinded their offer.
  15. R

Enterprise ssd up to 16TB

Here is some catnip: Enterprise SSD - PCIe NVMe U.2 - 2.5 Inch SAS Solid State Drives - MyDigitalDiscount.com
  16. R

9440-8i (Lenovo 530-8i) for $89 OBO

I would assume that there are corresponding tri-mode backplanes. Since ebay does not know that concept it might as well not exist.
  17. R

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

I was just looking into this. It seems that there is both a WD SAS and a SATA version. Just be sure what you are buying. Also not clear from the pictures whether the full face of the drive will make contact with the heat sink. Do you know? If you get these, be sure to get the WD version not the...
  18. R

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

I am glad that I was not alone in this. In my experience it takes a lot to kill a motherboard during handling. So a clean pull should almost always work. This one was even claimed to be tested. The seller did waste a lot of peoples time. Not cool. In this case packaging was good but another pet...
  19. R

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

Too many broken boards. Not really tested clean pulls as promised. I wasted half a day on this. Well I guess you get what you pay for, in this case nothing.