Search results

1. K

[MO-US] Fiber tipping assistance

yes it's a raw 6 pair om4 fiber. in fact it's still on the spool at one end cause the left it. I know that the tools are expensive and i'm not sure what i'll need that is why i was looking for someone that does know and has the tools
  2. K

Bump, Any interest?
  3. K

Had a 12 Fiber OM4 cable ran today with no tips. Looking to put MPO connectors on them for QSFP+. Plan is 1 end will go into a QSFP+ on an ICX6610 and the other end will either goto a 40GB uplink or split to 4 10GB i do not have the tools or knowledge for this. i will pay for parts and throw...
  4. K

Moved to the small jobs thread WTB Fiber cable assistance in KC, Mo area

Had a 12 Fiber OM4 cable ran today with no tips. Looking to put MPO connectors on them for QSFP+. Plan is 1 end will go into a QSFP+ on an ICX6610 and the other end will either goto a 40GB uplink or split to 4 10GB i do not have the tools or knowledge for this. i will pay for parts and throw...
  5. K

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

Let me think about it. i'm interested but just bought a house and i'm not sure i have that much disposable...my eyes may have been too big for my budget on this. i need to get a new FW and am in negotiations on that first
  6. K

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

what do you mean by " front drive bay power supply is damaged " on the R720? is it the power cable/connector or the backplane that is damaged? And what kinda deal are we talking for the r720, all the processors, a 099GTM and 2 SAS9201-16e
  7. K

Docker Networking

what i'm really trying to figure out is how to have the dockers talk to each other without external IP's i remember reading about setting up a named connection but not sure how to set that up. like i said if i could get the dockers to have LAN IP's instead of 172's or whatever docker ip's that...
  8. K

Docker Networking

Here is the situation I'm trying to figure out. I am looking to run Nested DNS on my network. AD-DNS->Pi-Hole->SteamCache The AD-DNS is in a VM and I can point it at the pi-hole but I use Synology for my docker for light things. When I used UnRaid I could pull a network IP to the container but...
  9. K

Any server rack experts here? Need help.

Easy solution if your side square holes are in the right spot and this should be a sub $10 fix. 2xcage nuts 1xThreaded Rod Cut to length 1xHeat Shrink Cut threaded rod to about 20" and debur/clean up cut end Place Cage nuts in side 1 at appropriate height. Cut heat shrink to 2 pieces, 16" Long...
  10. K

42U Server rack recomendations

From what i've seen over the years, just about any 42-45U 4 post rack with square holes instead of threaded will work fine. You can have panels and doors or open rack. something to consider, If this is for home lab/tinkering i would recommend an open rack and if you have both the room for and a...
  11. K

QSFP+ 40GBe to 4x10GBe sfp+

Can anyone tell me if the breakout of 1x40GBe QSFP+ to 4x10GBe SFP+ is standard to the specification of has to be specifically supported by the switch? Either way can someone recommend one that does that that has 2 or 4 QSFP+ and 48x1GB?
  12. K

Dual Xeon-D

Has anyone been able to get ESXi on this? i keep getting the tpm error and when i turned it off on node 0 the option for it disappeared from bios and i can't re-enable it, and that didn't fix the error