Search results for query: supermicro x9 bifurcation

1. C

PCIe Bifurcation on Supermicro x9dr7-ln4f

I'm trying to set the pcie bifurcation option on an x16 slot to x4x4x4x4. I've updated to the latest BIOS (3.3) and the options are present in BIOS but when I try to change the option from x16, the only choice is x16. All the other slots are the same - they only have the one option they are...
  2. svtkobra7

SMCI X9 Bifurcation I Why some boards but not all ?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse as this topic has been much discussed (190 search results), but it seems as though there is not a definitive answer as to the question: Do SMCI X9 motherboards support bifurcation? Answers to that question run the gamut: (1) "Hell Yeah," (2) "Only on days that...
  3. N

Does this mobo support bifurcation for SSD?

I have this motherboard: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD In the manual, it does list bifurcation control: And in BIOS, I do see the setting for it. I thinking about getting 2x PM953 and this card: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories |...
  4. K

The PCIe bifurcation on X9DRi-LN4F+ works fine while X9DR3-F does not work at all. Unlike other boards make the bifurcation hidden in setup, Supermicro X9 boards setup does provide the options and they change the bios variable properly, but it only takes effect on some model. Update: I emailed...
  5. R

Canada [CLOSED] FS:[CAN-ON] Supermicro X9 Dual Socket Motherboard Bundles

Hi everyone, Hope you're all safe and well, and thanks for checking out this post. I have two Supermicro X9 bundles for sale. Details below, but a few points: Prices are in USD Open to offers, as long as reasonable. Paypal with invoice is my accepted form of payment. Shipping is not included...
  6. A

SMCI NVMe Rear Hot Swap Drive Kit - Any Experience with Thermals?

I have a few different X9 motherboard and since the latest 3.3 bios update, they all seems to support bifurcation in the bios. However I have not tried using any of those PCI express break out card from supermicro so I am not sure if it actually works.
  7. J

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

I apologize for bumping, but this seems to be the go-to spot for X9 bifurcation issues. I've got an X9QRi-F+ and the manual mentions bifurcation options but I can only select x4, x8, and x16 on the PCIe mode selections. Here's a link to the board: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon®...
  8. M

Supermicro X9DRT-F, PCI-E Bifurcation?

I've got the newest BIOS, which is 3.2 from 2015. Unlike a lot of other X9 series, they don't seem to have issued a more recent update. For the other DP X9 board I had, I recall that bifurcation was available in 3.2, even though there's a newer BIOS for it now. I asked Supermicro if a newer...
  9. R

What's the go-to NVMe AIC

AOC-SLG3-2E4T ($100 at wz) + 2* $15 at supermicro's ?;) Will run a single drive in a x9 only I assume due to missing bifurcation support but good invest for the future
  10. M

Anyone ever thought about using a mining motherboard as a poor-man's NVME storage array?

There's a few that do, probably needing a newer/newest BIOS version in some cases. For Supermicro, X9DRD-iF supports bifurcation using the latest BIOS, for example. But some other Supermicro X9 boards won't. For anyone wanting bifurcation in a Sandy/Ivy Bridge platform (regardless of brand)...
  11. K

I believe it is not related to the chipset uplink port. Many X9DRi-F (C602) users also say their bifurcation is not working, like this post on STH, that post on STH, another post on STH, and this post on HardForum. There is also a FAQ on this issue. Supermicro tech support told me that "The...
  12. C

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

I have 2 of them running with 2 drives each on an X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD. I had to enable x4x4 PCIE bifurcation on CPU 1 slot 1 (furthest from the CPUs) and x4x4x4x4 on CPU 1 slot 2 (it is an x8 slot the "x4x4x8" selection did not work).
  13. james23

adding nvme to X9 board via NVMe HBA (supermicro AOC-SLG3-4X4P )

so im kind of thinking out loud here, but i would really like to make use of some of the pcie lanes on my X9DR3-LN4F+ rev 1.20 , to run a few NVMe drives (u.2 2.5"). I know this board does not support pcie bifuracation, else this would be pretty easy! (ive read the threads where some...
  14. J

Supermicro X9DRi-F - Xeon E5 v2 support?

Digging this thread for a bit, I too am trying to get bifurcation to work on X9. Did you have any luck? X9DRI-F here.
  15. M

Need a 2U riser

If you're trying to use a riser card to split a single PCIe x8 slot into multiple slots (two PCIe x4 for example), I don't think that's possible with an X9SCL. That board doesn't support slot bifurcation on its own. The most you can do with a standard Supermicro riser is turn one of the x8...
  16. I

How did I do?

sorry if I implied the cpu standoffs could stay in as they definitely need to be removed I meant that by mistake I tried to use them as standoffs and they do not work. SM X9 support for bifurcation is spotty - there are good resources in the cpu and mothboard forum. I have had good success with...
  17. AveryFreeman

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

I appreciate the mention. I believe you on the E5 models, but I don't own any. My boards are all E3s, and none of them have received BIOS updates for several years, except the X9SPU-F that stopped working after 2020 unless I set the clock back to a prior year - I sent them a message and they...
  18. nabsltd

Single M.2 socket in PCIe x4 card recommendation

I have a Supermicro X9SRL-F with latest BIOS that supports bifurcation. This dual M.2 card works great in an x8 slot and can be seen by any OS I have tested that supports NVMe. On the other hand, this single M.2 card causes TrueNAS to fail to boot (in very weird ways, and never at the same...
  19. M

Hi, I saw you mentioned trying to get PCI-e Bifurcation working on your Supermicro X9 ... have you had any success? I just posted in another thread: "I have a X9DR7-LN4F with Bios 3.3, and although bifurcation settings are visible, when I try to change x16 for instance, x16 is the only option I...
  20. B

Unfortunately not. I do actually have options visible for my 16x slots and even some of the 8x slots, but none appear to be functional.