Search results for query: pfc

1. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

RoCE "technically" requires switches to support PFC (priority flow control) to run over them, and the ICX line does not support pfc as they are the "campus" product line. For RoCE feature support you'd need the data center line, which is the VDX series (which I really don't like). PFC support...
  2. K

@fohdeesha knows and that's been answered already. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?search/42162165/&q=pfc&t=post&o=relevance&c[thread]=21107
  3. K

Could you share port and initiator/target configurations for RDMA? I thought RoCE requires global pause frames or ECN/PFC. I've been told Mellanox ZTR (zero-touch-RoCE) is supported on CX4 and newer, not CX3-Pro.
  4. L

The performance test done by Brocade indicates that the ICX6610-48P is capable of sustaining 100% load with all the 10g ports fully saturated without dropping any frame. Combining the test result from Brocade and @fohdecsha's actual observation, I think it is pretty save to assume that...
  5. arglebargle

Huh, I suppose I'll have to try it and see how it performs then. It would be nice to have some numbers from someone else with a supported setup to compare to though, that's for sure. Ironically my cheapest option for supported RDMA at this point is to just run an Infiniband network alongside my...
  6. Raice

Does anybody know if these switches support PFC and RDMA? Is it possible to create RoCE lossless network for storage using it?
  7. N

It is generally not advisable to run Switching Mode Power Supplies on non-pure sine wave power, especially modern ones with Active PFC. You're basically rolling a dice with that. Might work, might not.
  8. fohdeesha

it does but not across stacking IIRC
  9. V

From spec sheet, 7250 support PFC which is the requirement for RDMA. Has anyone actually tried it?
  10. mattaw

...I see from the Fastiron flow control guide you can enable symmetric flow control globally on the icx6610 to prevent packet loss globally (but not PFC) but all the QoS type settings that apply to the icx6610 are not visibly working on the stacking ports, i.e. you cannot query them with "show"...
  11. N

...to DC as the first step anyway, so the sine wave being perfect shouldn't matter. Generally they'll run fine even with DC input. With active PFC, maybe not though -- I'm less familiar with that topology. Interesting. I've got that same UPS and I was planning to throw my 6610 on it...
  12. D

...themselves but that the UPS they have been connected to somehow triggering the PSUs to think the mains is disconnected. The UPS is a CP1500PFCLCD (PFC Sinewave model, 1500VA / 1000W, Line Interactive). I spent a bit of time tonight getting its USB port wired up to my OPNsense router that it...
  13. L

It could be that’s the internal power draw and is not the at-receptical draw which would include PSU efficiency and power factor (if the PSUs are not PFC type).
  14. F

...to increase by 15 to 20 degrees. Felt like this would be a good place to ask: any 7250 vets who have sense moved on to other 10 gig switches that are as feature rich? Basically fully layer 3? Don't really need any additional fancy features like DCB, PFC, etc. Ideally 4 or more SFP+ ports.
  15. A

Another, different topic: POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS: MeanWell: they make 1U ready PFC-capable, very efficient 12V (and multi output) power supplies. They have superb filtering at both AC and DC stages so the EMI is non existent (and I have equipment to test, I do RF stuff as a hobby). Over 90%...
  16. S

I have the revision A. "your Tripp Lite UPS outputs a modified sinewave" is there anything I can do about it? Or basically get another UPS?
  17. K

I dismantled the test setup after my testing, but there wasn't anything "special". - Starwind configured with standard iSCSI (port 3260), iSER enabled on the interfaces. - ESXI configured for iSER - which involves a few steps, but nothing exotic. - No configuration on the 6610 at all, other...
  18. V

...at it and gave up. I've changed my plan for now. I have 2 7250 now, may get another 7250 and use it as core. another 2 7250 will run in layer 2 since I want pfc. BGP will be handled by juniper. I will get the AC unit for the room so I can close the door, then 6650 will go live. Really love it.
  19. N

...do you have? I will check with ours ASAP EDIT: According to the datasheet, your Tripp Lite UPS outputs a modified sinewave... That might be the issue. High end PSUs typically don't like non sinusodial voltage inputs, whereas cheaper PSUs (with just passive PFC for example) can bear with it...
  20. K

Btw, if anybody's curious... The 6610 works fine with RDMA/iSER, without any DCB/PFC support, even up to 40gbps. I took this long weekend as an opportunity to do some testing (when I could...and the kids let me). Two StarWind vSAN hosts (bare metal Windows boxes) in HA with a dual 40gb CX-3...