Search results

1. N

OmniOS 151036 stable

I've run TimeMachine over SMB for years I think. I have this in my Bonjour/mDNS settings: dns-sd -R "<name>" _adisk._tcp local sys=waMa=0,adVF=0x100 & dns-sd -R "<name>" _adisk._tcp local dk0=adVN=<smb-share>,adVF=0x82 & If you google that, you should get a few hits that explains it. My...
  2. N

Amazon S3 compatible ZFS cloud with minIO

How is duplicati working for you guys? Used it years ago, but it managed to corrupt the database (multiple times), so I ended up using a simpler solution.
  3. N

Amazon S3 compatible ZFS cloud with minIO

Sweet. I missed this. Been using rclone (with a custom backup script) for years (vm with NFS Access) to backup encrypted to GSuite (Google drive). But if I can do it (easily) directly on OmniOS thats sweet.
  4. N

UPS dead, how do I go about troubleshooting/fix it? (Dell UPS 2700R)

So I just got around to use the multimeter. I put it on DC (afaik that is what I should do on batteries) and measured: 34,8V That is quite low, it has 8 x 12V batteries, but it has been sitting for a couple of years, so I guess that's to be expected? The UPS has 8 x Yuasa NPW45--12...
  5. N

Thanks for that, but I think this model is made to be run with faulty batteries – as long as it is connected to a power source. Hope someone can prove me wrong. I do have a multimeter – even though I barely know how to use it – so I will try to check the batteries and report back. In the...
  6. N

I'm from Norway, and our electricity runs on 230v. :) The manual (PDF) states it is available for 120v and 208v also: UPS Output Power 120V 208V 230V 2700W 30A 20A 16A (And I have powered it up earlier, three years ago)
  7. N

I got a Dell UPS 2700R (J727N) in 2017 (I got it "for free" when I bought a server rack). At that time, I lived in a small apartment and did not have the fuse (16A) or space (noise-wise) to run it. It did work perfectly back then, and I played around with it for about a week before putting it in...
  8. N

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

How is this card for use with ZFS? Did I understand correctly that it will not show the smart info?
  9. N

How to tell whats new?

@BlueLineSwinger What browser do you use? EDIT: I was going to suggest an greyscale extension, but you can do it with javascript and a bookmark. Add this to a bookmark: javascript:(function(){var...
  10. N

Possible compromised forum?

Just tested in a new "private tab", and can confirm I also got the pop-ups. Typed in servethehome.com, clicked the Nvidia article. iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.4.1 (17E262) Firefox Version 24.1 (17574) Norway I tried to do the exact same thing again, but did not trigger any thing the second time.
  11. N

Just happened again. I was in the option to turn on the new black theme, saved. Pressed the logo to go to the front page, and when I pressed the menu and forum link it opened a new spam page. Still on iOS no adblock since on 4g (at home I have pihole) So I guess compromised ads? Like mentioned...
  12. N

I’m currently browsing/writing from latest Firefox on iOS and when I click on links (I.e "the flag" top right to get the latest) Firefox opens spam sites in new tabs/window. It happened a few times in one session, but testing in a new window it did not happen, so it looks to be random (as they...
  13. N

Apple TimeMachine support on Napp-IT with SMB shares?

Great! Three years in the making. :)
  14. N

Backup completed, and I verified it with both in GUI (alt click timemachinen icon) and via Terminal ("tmutil verifychecksums /Volumes/timemachine"). - Hostname is one word (no dashes, spaces, etc.) - Sharename is "timemachine" tmutil destinationinfo...
  15. N

Yes, I did that yesterday. :) Takes a while (laptop wifi) and I only run the backup when power is connected. Running on a 2018 MBP with macOS 10.15.4 (19E266) EDIT: Here is a (hopefully) anonymized log from Time Machine's initial phase. Note that I first connected manually in Finder (CMD +...
  16. N

Bumping this. Just found out that there seems to be a way to get TimeMachine working on SMB now. I found this post on the OmniOS topicbox group. By adding this code: dns-sd -R "${HOSTNAME}" _adisk._tcp local sys=waMa=0,adVF=0x100 & dns-sd -R "${HOSTNAME}" _adisk._tcp local...
  17. N

OmniOS 151032 stable

Looks like the issue can be solved by disabling and enabling the SMB share. EDIT: I lied, it did not.
  18. N

OmniOS 151032 stable

I still have issues, I don't think this update fixed anything related to this anyway.
  19. N

OmniOS 151032 stable

I'm also running NFS shares on the same ZFS file systems as the SMB, but the error occurs when accessing the share with an SMB client. If no SMB client, no errors.
  20. N

OmniOS 151032 stable

Thanks. Made a post :)