Search results

1. SRussell

[WTB][US-GA] 2x SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-2M2

WTB two Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 with low profile brackets.
  2. SRussell

Would you consider this exchange insulting?

User A on another platform listed an item for sale at $1000. User B posted: when your item does not sell in 3-4 weeks I’ll take it for $800 cash. I replied to B’s post that it was insulting to make a public declaration demanding 20% off and assuming the deal would close. Is my reply insulting...
  3. SRussell

[SOLD] 3 x UAP-AC-PRO

Ahh, you are the one who beat me to buying the R710!
  4. SRussell

FS: Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex PCIe 4.0 Dual 100GbE

Is this part of your job or do you have one hell of a homelab?
  5. SRussell

WTB Ruckus ZoneFlex R720

Looking for a Ruckus ZoneFlex R720. Shipping to GA, 30542.
  6. SRussell

ESXi 7.0: 983 DCT or 970 EVO Plus? Or then what is a good NVMe SSD for homelab?

I honestly doubt you will be able to notice the difference in performance from any of the drives.
  7. SRussell

Dual Xeon-D

Your Ebay link says ASrock. Are they ASrock boards in a SuperMicro Chassis?
  8. SRussell

HP A5820X-24XG-SFP+ 24x 10GbE SFP+ 4x Gigabit - $175

I was a sucker and lampooned my lab with 10GbT so I went with Arista and a lovely rack mounted heater.
  9. SRussell

HP A5820X-24XG-SFP+ 24x 10GbE SFP+ 4x Gigabit - $175

Check out the thread on Brocade: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/ Btw, enough the rabbit hole.
  10. SRussell

[WTB] SuperMirco CSE-846B within 100m of 30542

My funny/interesting story.. My first interaction with computers was a Dell Alpha with a Sony 21 Trinitron monitor. After college I went shopping for a computer and bought a 486 SX with no math coprocessor, 15" monitor, windows 3.11 and Mindspring internet over 26.6 baud. Talk about a letdown in...
  11. SRussell

Thanks for pointing this out.. It should be 846B. I spent part of my day playing around with an old HP Vectra running a 486 DX100 and completely have 486 on the brain.
  12. SRussell

Tossing it out there.. maybe someone has a Supermicro CSE-846B chassis they are looking to sell. It does need to be model B which supports Drive Kit MCP-220-84610-0N. If your chassis already has the drive kit I would want to purchase that as well. Located in 30542 and would want to pickup the...
  13. SRussell

Where to Start with Switching Home Network from Consumer Grade to Ent Grade?

Congratulations on the Brocade. It is a solid switch. I started my journey at the firewall. I went with pfSense. For me, it made more sense to start at the firewall because everything else connected to it: DNS, DHCP... I quit recommending Unifi equipment. The heaping pile of trash that was the...
  14. SRussell

nvme problems

This is very theoretical so take it with a grain of salt. I doubt there is anything to modify in the BIOS. If the OS can see the drive at any point your settings should be correct. I would double check your SATA configuration and make sure they are set to AHCI. Hopefully you have a second m.2...
  15. SRussell

Joke/Mishap Thread - Post all your funny and shitty ideas/experiences/thoughts

My allergies have been a royal pain. Decide to clear my throat and spit.. completely forgot I had my damn mask on.
  16. SRussell

My Rant on ESXI 7.0

Lucky for me my wife has piano and flute as a 'hobby'. I will never come close to the cost of that baby grand.
  17. SRussell

HPE and Samsung 15.36TB SAS3 SSD $1295

How many people trust running HPE devices who do not have access to a HPE support contract?
  18. SRussell

HPE and Samsung 15.36TB SAS3 SSD $1295

I am looking to move to all flash but staying with 4TB drives. That should give me a decent price and power ratio.
  19. SRussell

[SOLVED] Resolving memory speed issue with Supermicro X10SRL-F

I believe that is the case. The system is rock solid from a stability perspective. At this point I am caulking up the memory speed to it being a limitation within the CPU. I don't have another v4 CPU to test with. Thanks everyone for your help! @Rand__ @mmo @PigLover