Search results

1. Spartacus

6in1 cage?

I personally took off the cover/fan to plug everything in, it was a pain in the ass to get SAS cables in there. I just used a SAS 8643 to 4 SATA/SAS break out cable with no side band: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RB758TS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You could easily...
  2. Spartacus

6in1 cage?

Its awesome I have some HGST thick boi 15mm SAS SSD in mine keeps them nice and cool, (i did put a noctua fan reducer on it though)
  3. Spartacus

Looking for Xeon E5 v3 and v4 (2697A v4, 2680r v4, 2697 v3 etc )

I have a single 2690 v3 if you're interested
  4. Spartacus

EU WTB: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

I dont have a kingpin but I have a 1080ti hybrid ftw3 if that might interest you.
  5. Spartacus

UK [WTB] Seasonic SGX-650 PSU (SFX-L fully modular PSU)

TBF part of the issue is chinese new year, hopefully stock will get a bit better then next few days/weeks now that it's ended.
  6. Spartacus

Rough Content Plan March 2021

Take care of yourself and your family first, we'll be here when you're able.
  7. Spartacus

Any server rack experts here? Need help.

We have a couple of 2950G and 3950Gs in our racks doing the same, we just put a server below it so it doesn't sag. You do kinda have to lift the switch up to slide it in after servicing the server though.
  8. Spartacus

GA-7PESH2 GIGABYTE, needs repair for $90

Well yeah, this thread is from 2019
  9. Spartacus

Install additional RAID Controller for TrueNas Dell R720

See my answer in your other thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/drives-disappeared-after-reboot-dell-r720.31809/post-294331 That said is there a reason you're doing truenas on a proxmox rather than just direct install of truenas?
  10. Spartacus

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

Tons of options, I like option 4 because those sata doms are neat af and you dont have to use a drive slot for the os drive. Or if you already have a sata drive the caddy is easy too, no one needs it with flash drive or idrac iso boot nowadays anyway): Pretty sure there is a onboard sas...
  11. Spartacus

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

By IT mode do you mean flashed in IT mode or each drive set to individual drive raid-0? Do the drives show in iDrac and/or does the controller show there? Are there any LED lights on the drives etc?
  12. Spartacus

best / cheapest 10gbe 5 port switch

...the netgear XS508M was $387, albeit unmanaged
  13. Spartacus

Yeah thats the limitation, from the switch notes you can only do two 10GbE transceivers, you can have other fiber ones fine.
  14. Spartacus

Suggestions For Setup

only do z1 if you dont care about the data z2 or in your case a mirror would make the most sense (z2 works best with 4, 6, or 10 drives)
  15. Spartacus

Are you using multiple 10Gb ethernet transceivers?
  16. Spartacus

Its an unmanaged switch
  17. Spartacus

As I noted you can only use 2x 10GbE tranceivers on the 5 port, you would have to upgrade to the 8 port (CRS309-1G-8S+IN ) to use a max of 4x 10GbE tranceivers, which then puts the base switch cost at $266, a total of $426, which is now more than the $387 netgear.
  18. Spartacus

Then that netgear I noted is probably your least costly option as mikrotik doesnt have a cheap multi 10GbE option.
  19. Spartacus

What do you consider inexpensive? It would probably be cheapest to just run 3 lines to your office and use the 24port you already have frankly. That said the netgear is probably the cheapest direct option: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Rackmount-Protection/dp/B075Q66RKF?th=1...
  20. Spartacus

need help crossflashing my ibm M1015

Flash Dell PERC H310 to LSI 9211-8i IT Mode Using Legacy (DOS) and UEFI Method (HBA Firmware + BIOS) | JC-LAN.org Thats the guide I used for my H310s which should be the same process I did use the UEFI method