Search results

1. J

EU WTB: Mellanox 40GbE Switch

Is it even possible? -jannis
  2. J

EU WTB: Mellanox 40GbE Switch

Guessing the SX6036 is the best/cheapest option for minimum 6 ports? -jannis
  3. J

EU Cisco Nexus 5020 - 40 port 10GB switch with DCB features - £99

As I want to remain married, this one is definitely off my list :) -jannis
  4. J

EU Cisco Nexus 5020 - 40 port 10GB switch with DCB features - £99

Guessing these are not nice to have in the homelab with the noise... I can't even use the brocade icx6610 due to the noise atm -jannis
  5. J

SD card for Dell dual sd-card solution - esxi

I got 2 of these https://www.pny.eu/en/consumer/explore-all-products/flash-memory/1145-pro-elite-sdxc-memory-card---64gb -jannis
  6. J

[Sold-out] G8264CS switch (48xSFP+ and 4xQSFP+) - $130.00 free shipping

It's actually a very interesting switch: (Notice the Ethernet, FC and FCoE on the same switch) The RackSwitch G8264CS includes the following features: Lossless Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and FCoE in one switch A total of 36 SFP+ ports that support 1 Gb or 10 Gb Ethernet Flexibility with 12 Omni...
  7. J

I’ll try the 64GB cards as soon as the idsdm arrives. Going into a T620 -j
  8. J

I found a couple of sd cards that look promising. Hopefully, the idsdm supports 64gb cards. (although rebuild time will be significant) -j
  9. J

I just ordered the dual sd-card module for my esxi lab server. I have issues with the usb stick I'm using today, it get's disconnected, so vsphere cannot save configuration to disk. Are there any sd cards that are better suited for this use, as esxi do write to the sd card pretty frequently? I...
  10. J

32 in 4K VA monitor for $290

That's also why I stick to my 27" ips 2560x1440 for now :) -jannis
  11. J

ODROID H2+ available

This makes this a hard no for my use cases.
  12. J

32 in 4K VA monitor for $290

I'm never going back to 60hz on my monitor :) -jannis
  13. J

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

How "secure" are these chinese motherboards? Are you sure they dont have anything "extra" in the firmware that can log keyboard inputs etc? I'm a bit sceptical to random hardware from china were I will input passwords, credit card numbers etc. -jannis
  14. J

Ruckus R700 BO $90 accepted

I'm looking at Aruba instant on. Priced like ubiquiti unifi, but no need for local controller. Looks very nice. Aruba is known for high quality equipment too -jannis
  15. J

Possible compromised forum?

I read something about this a while back. It has something to do with ads on websites iirc. I've had this happen when following a link from google to ebay for instance. The forums here seems to have been upgraded to a new version/theme. -jannis
  16. J

Small and cheap laptop recommendations

I can recommend this model: e7240 | eBay 12.5" screen, lightweight, wifi and rj45 jack +++ The Latitude E7240 is a very good laptop that still works for a lot of stuff -jannis
  17. J

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Wow, that would be a perfect switch for my usage. Hopefully it will be released internationally too. -jannis
  18. J

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Whats the cheapest 10gig sfp+ switch you can get these days? Needs 8 ports minimum, low noise. Can be a stupid non-manageable switch. Will only be used for iscsi network. -Jannis
  19. J

Dell Precision 5810

url?
  20. J

Windows Server OS via eBay

Very often, the licenses on ebay are msdn keys being resold. Not something I'd use or buy imho. -jannis