Search results

1. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Same hardware
  2. fohdeesha

n....no lol. route-only does exactly the behavior you're complaining about, it completely disables layer2 switching, so hosts in the same l2/vlan are not going to talk to each other. did u see that command in my guide? hell nah didn't think so fam QED please do the needful and remove
  3. fohdeesha

FYI I vaguely remember the stack config needing to use at least one 40gbE port, (eg it would complain about the user only specifying a "secondary stack port" when only entering a breakout port). I would search the thread, I can't remember conclusively
  4. fohdeesha

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

these shelves will run anything
  5. fohdeesha

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

make sure after toggling the switch you completely remove all power from the disk shelf and all controllers in the thing for a few seconds, then power it back up. the switch only gets "read" during a cold boot of the controllers
  6. fohdeesha

You can absolutely use a single regular qsfp cable to connect the breakout port to another switch (assuming the other switches port is configured for breakout / 4x 10gbe). You can even connect a breakout port with a qsfp cable to a non breakout port on something, but only one lane will link up...
  7. fohdeesha

check the third reply to this forum thread, it has a diagram, and explains it (at least what I thought) was pretty clearly. two are 40gbE only, two are 4x 10gbE breakout only. any of the ports can be used for regular ethernet ports, or stacking ports
  8. fohdeesha

You must be reading stacking information regarding a different model, as the ICX6610 has 4 stacking ports, not 2, and they definitely don't talk about using them for data - in fact it explicitly states they *can't* be used as data ports ever (thankfully this *feature* was snuck in in 8010 if I...
  9. fohdeesha

I agree, it's embarrassing to the point of disbelief, given dhcp for multiple scopes is a spec older than I am. There's a big github request years old for it on pfsense, I even offered the devs to pay. No response. As we found out recently, they were probably too busy paying sketchball felons to...
  10. fohdeesha

It's not a ring topology, it's the first 40gbe port and first breakout port in a bond/trunk. 1/2/1 is the first 40gbe port, 1/2/2 is the first port in the first breakout port group. In the stacking section, you only specify the first port in the breakout group when using breakout ports. And...
  11. fohdeesha

you can stack them using one breakout port and one 40gbE port, that way the stack connection is still redundant, but you still have two 40gbE ports and two breakout ports available. In fact, this is exactly my setup at home: stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module...
  12. fohdeesha

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

h710 d1 MINI :) H710 D1 Mini - Fohdeesha Docs
  13. fohdeesha

if you don't have the info saved down anywhere, you'll have to pull the card and look at the part number on the back. the info command uses megacli commands to dump info, which is a toolset for megaraid cards - it won't see cards that have been flashed to IT mode
  14. fohdeesha

Are you both sure there's no other LSI based adapters anywhere in your systems? And you're sure you're following the right guide so you're flashing the right SBR in freedos? Are both your guys cards full size variants? Judging by my emails there's been a couple hundred people following the same...
  15. fohdeesha

The nonpoe psus can be used but poe will be completely nonfunctional, the poe system uses a 54v power rail that the nonpoe psus do not have
  16. fohdeesha

So you did run the following? " stack unconfigure clean " and hit yes at the prompt? to nuke it you can do over serial: press ctrl+y then let go, then press m, then enter. you should drop to an "OS>" prompt. run the following commands del stacking.boot del startup-config del...
  17. fohdeesha

I was about to say (looks like you already pinpointed it), to rule out the PSU itself, connect both PSUs to the "good" UPS. If the PSU2 faults stop, then it's not getting along with the older UPS
  18. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX-6450--C12-PD Cant get the SFP+ ports to work

on the other switch (6450) can you run the following? enable conf t optical-monitor show optic 1/2/1 show int e 1/2/1 show media e 1/2/1 please post the entire output of all 3 of those, I know you said its the same but I need to check something
  19. fohdeesha

That's the pretty typical setup (one feed directly on utility power, one feed off UPS). This way if/when the UPS fails or is replaced, the devices are unaffected and remain powered. if it's devices (like our switches) that support load splitting between PSUs, then it does take some load off the...
  20. fohdeesha

yes these are just debug variables that aren't even used unless you go in and enable remote GDB debugging among other things, they are normal to be populated from factory