Search results

1. SRussell

[WTB][US-GA] 2x SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-2M2

WTB two Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 with low profile brackets.
  2. SRussell

Would you consider this exchange insulting?

User A on another platform listed an item for sale at $1000. User B posted: when your item does not sell in 3-4 weeks I’ll take it for $800 cash. I replied to B’s post that it was insulting to make a public declaration demanding 20% off and assuming the deal would close. Is my reply insulting...
  3. SRussell

WTB Ruckus ZoneFlex R720

Looking for a Ruckus ZoneFlex R720. Shipping to GA, 30542.
  4. SRussell

[WTB] SuperMirco CSE-846B within 100m of 30542

Tossing it out there.. maybe someone has a Supermicro CSE-846B chassis they are looking to sell. It does need to be model B which supports Drive Kit MCP-220-84610-0N. If your chassis already has the drive kit I would want to purchase that as well. Located in 30542 and would want to pickup the...
  5. SRussell

Please delete thread

Removing information.
  6. SRussell

[SOLVED] Resolving memory speed issue with Supermicro X10SRL-F

Running a Supermicro X10SRL-F with Intel Xeon E5-2650 V4. I have run into an issue where any 2400Mhz DIMM I use in the motherboard clocks in at 2133Mhz. I have tried these DIMM modules: SAMSUNG M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q 32GB SAMSUNG M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q 32GB MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3B1 32GB I am...
  7. SRussell

FS or trade: Synology DS3617xs / 32GB RAM / 2x 10GbT networking

Synology DS3617xs upgraded RAM to 32GB and added dual port Intel 10GbT Pet-free smoke-free home environment. 2 years 3 months warranty left $2,199 $28 shipping Paypal accepted ships from GA, 30542 Open to trades and offers
  8. SRussell

Rack newbie - cage nut hell

Finally bit the bullet and bought a 24U rack; nice little APC unit. Guy selling also threw in a bag of cage nuts and screws. After mentally stepping on a few pieces of Lego bricks I realized that there are three different sizes of cage nut threads. Lucky me; I have a bag of evenly mixed sizes...
  9. SRussell

Are Samsung PM961 NVMe enterprise drives?

I am looking at the Samsung 1TB PM961 NVMe drive: Amazon.com: Samsung 1TB PM961 Single Sided 80mm (2280/2280SS) M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (PCIe Gen3 x4) OEM NVMe SSD - MZVLW1T0HMLH: Computers & Accessories Reading the item description it says this a client drive. Would that mean these are consumer...
  10. SRussell

Would you share details about your VMware lab setup

Looking to learn as much as I can about designing, creating and testing a VMware infrastructure. Would you mind sharing what's in your lab, why you made a particular design decision, and anything you want to share about learning, breaking, and troubleshooting your lab? Do you blog about your...
  11. SRussell

FS: US-GA : Ubiquiti equipment for sale

Pricing is for each unit including shipping $500 - 1x UniFi Managed PoE+ Gigabit 48 RJ45 Port 500W Switch - includes 2x SFP+ and 2x SFP - open box $120 - 1x Unifi AP AC Pro - New in box $280 - 1x Unifi Dream Machine - New in box SOLD $120 - 1x Unifi AP AC Pro - New in box $90 - 1x EdgeRouter...
  12. SRussell

ESXi install on SataDOM: failed logins

I ran into an issue logging into ESXi 6.7u3 on a SuperMicro motherboard with a SataDOM as the install drive. Using the web console or iKVM gives me the same error: "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password." I checked all the basic stuff, reinstalled, replaced with a...
  13. SRussell

Posting pictures in the forum

Is there a maximum size set for uploading .jpg files? What is the preferred image hosting site if we are linking inside a post? I tried to use imgur with a public link and it just shows a box with a red X.
  14. SRussell

Clarification/Explanation of top of rack switch

I was reading about a Mellanox 100GbE switch. The info doc attributes it as a top of rack switch. Googling top of rack defines it as a design spec where servers connect to the switch in the rack. However, it also states that the switch can be located anywhere in the rack. If I had to explain...
  15. SRussell

Looking for SuperMicro backplane BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8

Anyone using the BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8 backplane? I have not been able to find anyone who sells the backplane and every reseller I have reached out to has never seen the backplane or chassis it belongs to. The manual is here: https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8.pdf...
  16. SRussell

What am I missing upgrading the backplane on SM CSE-216

I am looking at two different backplanes to upgrade my SuperMicro CSE-216 currently running SAS2. The two units are: BPN-SAS3-216A-N4 BPN-SAS3-216EL1-N4 I have read through both manuals but do not understand why they differ except the EL1 backplane can have a daughter card for multi-pathing...
  17. SRussell

WTB Rack mount 8-port KVM with USB and VGA

Looking for a rack mounted 8-port KVM that supports USB and VGA. Would prefer to have cables included. Shipping is to 30542
  18. SRussell

What are the longest life expectancy you have seen in SSD drives?

I am considering moving my critical data to an SSD array. If you are looking at 4x Samsung PM1633a, or equivalent drive, in a RAIDz1 array; do you think you could easily get 10 years worth of life from the array? I have 21Tb of total data, adding 3-4Tb per year, with not much write and...
  19. SRussell

Looking for advice on 10/40Gb networking setup

I finished reading the monster Brocade thread which I wish I had found STH a year ago. I have 8x systems that I want to move to 10/40Gb networking. 1x JBOD 4U Supermicro x10 motherboard, 2x 10GbE-T, 2x 40GbE-QSFP+, FreeNAS or ZoL 1x JBOF 4U Supermicro x10 motherboard, 2x 10GbE-T, 2x...
  20. SRussell

Woohoo, finally finished page 1/149 on the Brocade thread

Spent about 20 minutes reading the page and another 3-4 hours searching EBay, Brocade, looking at Ruckus switches, Meanwell drivers (looking to see if a Delta PSU can power Samsung COBs), and learning the ins/out of L2 and L3. I have a feeling it will be a good week before I am done reading...