Search results

1. Quartermaster

[eBay] - Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F - $100 (offer accepted)

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen :) DHL and UPS do the clearance paperwork and send you an invoice around time of delivery for the value you self-declare before shipment on the Shipito website. If something looks weird they may ask for a proof of purchase for the offending item before...
  2. Quartermaster

Indeed! I had to exercise some self restraint in only grabbing 3 and not clearing them out. I didn’t notice the RAM! Score! I use shipito.com and import stuff in bulk, ordering odds and ends over 1-2 months then using Shipito’s package consolidation to make the shipment as small as possible -...
  3. Quartermaster

Doh! My bad, updated the post. Yep, that's the one: Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F Server Motherboard - 2x 4GB DDR4 Intel Atom Processor 672042268450 | eBay
  4. Quartermaster

eBay link: Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F Server Motherboard - 2x 4GB DDR4 Intel Atom Processor 672042268450 | eBay Supermicro link: A2SDi-4C-HLN4F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. Atom C3558 (Passmark), up to 8 SATA ports, PCIe 3.0 x4 slot, and PCIe 3.0 x2 M.2 slot. A good low...
  5. Quartermaster

supermicro cse-847 with superQuiet power supplies 36bay 4u chassis $399

Yep, that's what I thought - I don't know how the backplanes are architected with lanes/links/ports and how oversubscribed they are with respect to drive count
  6. Quartermaster

supermicro cse-847 with superQuiet power supplies 36bay 4u chassis $399

Please forgive my noobishness with my knowledge of Supermicro servers... Is the desire for the SAS backplane for this box around available bandwidth? I know SAS3 is 12Gbit vs SATA3 6Gbit, but is there some architectural difference in these backplanes outside of the per drive link speeds? eg...
  7. Quartermaster

Micron 5200 Eco 3.84TB drives, $310 or less!

I have ~40 of the 3.84TB variant spread across multiple boxes in either RAID6 or RAID1 configurations. Don't expect thrilling performance - but they're cheap, low-ish power, and for the intended use case of a HDD replacement (5200) they're fantastic.
  8. Quartermaster

EU [Obsolete] WTB: 2xIntel P4510 2TB

Tasty! Congrats, they're a great drive. Was this on eBay?
  9. Quartermaster

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I have an Optiplex 7050 Micro from which I'm typing this message :) So I know the form factor, but what isn't documented from anything from most of the manufactuers is the HDD height compatibility. It doesn't appear to be possible with my unit, or the 9020M, documented in this blog post My...
  10. Quartermaster

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Has anyone found if any TMM style box is able to support a 15mm HDD? They'd be great for a low power small Plex server, but the lack of (cheap-ish) internal storage options is a downer.
  11. Quartermaster

WTB: >1TB SATA SSD for under $100

Here's two Intel S3510, each for $20 + $80 shipping - I know, that's a lame move by the seller, but still around your target price.
  12. Quartermaster

EU Switzerland - 2TB SATA SSD 72 € (ADATA SU800)

Finally, a 'deal' in Switzerland! May I ask how you found this? I haven't yet worked out a local deal alert method. Indeed. I placed an order as I live nearby, but I do not anticipate them honouring this price.
  13. Quartermaster

FOUND: Dual or Quad Port 1GigE PCI NIC

Check this out: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/6-port-intel-i350-pcie-card-46-99-and-less-for-qty.30375/
  14. Quartermaster

EU [EU-CH] WTB: Used Unifi XG-6POE

I'm looking for a used one of these in Europe. Not interested in EA models. Payment will be via PayPal, if you have some form of history on Heatware I will accept direct bank deposit. Shipping will be to CH-8005 or to DE-79618.
  15. Quartermaster

Sold

You might want to contact this fellow: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/wtb-sys-5019a-ftn4.29739/
  16. Quartermaster

3.84 TB SSD Advice

Yep, I have 8x 3.84T PM863 drives I don't 'trust' anymore until I can find a way to get newer firmware for them. One of the nasty FW bugs is losing the entire drive in the event of power loss. Drive based PLP & controller cache BBU won't help in that situation!
  17. Quartermaster

3.84 TB SSD Advice

One thing to be wary of, the PM863 had numerous firmware bugs which were patched along the way. The firmware files are not available to the public, and vendor branded drives can be a PITA to flash outside of their intended boxes. I've gone full Micron for my 'criticial' workloads, they might be...