Search results

1. Layla

Eaton managed PDU (208V) $120 NIB

Just a note: this three-phase PDU is metered but not "managed" like the single-phase one which the post was started about. I don't know which features are omitted on "metered" PDUs - possibly it's not switched? And possibly it's not metered-by-outlet? Eaton's website is unfortunately difficult...
  2. Layla

I have Tesla T4 cards and I don't know what to do with them

As long as they actually work, I wouldn't need a warranty or anything. Just a guarantee that they aren't DOA.
  3. Layla

I have Tesla T4 cards and I don't know what to do with them

I'd buy them from you, but not for the insanely high price they market for :-) (they're useful to us, but marginally so - more power efficient than a K40/M40, and only waste a single slot, but really slow at DP, which we use, so it's a trade-off).
  4. Layla

WTB 2.5" 15K Hard Drives & e5 V4 series dual CPU

What size 15k hard drives?
  5. Layla

storage gold rush?

Why does it need to generate 1.8TBW to write 100GB?
  6. Layla

storage gold rush?

Yeah this is sadly going to make buying used enterprise SSDs a very risky proposition :/ Crypto is literally destroying all the good things. Put another way, crypto seems to be Capitalism's Achilles heel.
  7. Layla

Agreed and to my viewpoint, it's really all disadvantages except using less copper - except in exceptional circumstances, I'd prefer 240V for higher PSU efficiency. But those exceptions do exist - e.g. in my building we have 480V input like you mentioned, and if I wanted to add more power to my...
  8. Layla

I think you mean 120V three phase (not 208V three phase)? 208V is what you get when you combine the hot wires from any two of the three 120V phases. I guess we should speak technically because that's simpler - something like 208Y/120V.
  9. Layla

40gb nic split to 4 10G port ?dream come to true ?

I suspect all of these with a QSFP28 port are the exact same physical hardware card, so cross-flashing should work if it is permitted (like it is in Mellanox firmware tools). I wouldn't be too shy about just literally grabbing 100% of the 100G firmware and flashing that without double-checking...
  10. Layla

QLogic FastLinQ QL45000 Series 100GbE Controller on Windows 10?

Hi All, Does anyone know whether recent QLogic drivers are able to work on Windows 10? Typically drivers are fairly compatible between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019 (e.g. Mellanox drivers work fine) - but QLogic appears to fail to start in qebdrv: Device...
  11. Layla

Since actual computer power supplies run on single phase, 3-phase is really only "good" for a few things for an end-user: 1. Saving on wiring - you can run more current through a smaller gauge wire / less copper. 2. Redundancy - if you lose just one phase you still have some operational...
  12. Layla

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

I don't think it's a good deal at all. Even at this highly discounted price, the performance and power usage are both worse than two socket Epyc systems and similar to older 4 socket Xeon systems, both of which cost less.
  13. Layla

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

These aren't just any old CPUs...
  14. Layla

Official GeForce Passthrough coming?

This is exciting (though have also invested heavily in Tesla/etc. cards in the meanwhile when this was not possible, so it's less exciting than it would have been a couple of years ago!)
  15. Layla

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

They reached out to ask if I needed the bracket or the card, which is good at least. Though they said "the listing is for the bracket" instead of admitting their error that the listing said it was for the adapter. Looks like I'll be having my orders cancelled as well.
  16. Layla

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

So are they going to ship these out without double-checking with customers about what they now know was definitely a mistake and then deal with returns and possibly negative feedback?
  17. Layla

Ummm... yeah, that's bait-and-switch level false advertising. How do you refurbish a bracket? What did they say when you said some folks may not be happy?
  18. Layla

Warning that the seller already cancelled one of my orders for 2x Refurbished DL580 Gen 10 by saying they "didn't have stock." I'd prefer "we made a pricing mistake and were accidentally selling this without a big markup, so we're canceling your order." They don't seem to be honest when it...
  19. Layla

817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/324512956010 "Seller Refurbished"