Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Asked ruckus. They said no.
  2. D

Can you run both an I and an E power supply at the same time? I'd like to switch from I to E, not sure if the switch will allow that for 30 seconds while I swap them. @fohdeesha Do you know?
  3. D

Need help with VMWare licensing

How many VM's? We've found that the ROBO license works well for low count VM clusters.
  4. D

Equallogic Type 10 Firmware

Anyone have the Equallogic Type 10 new firmware? I just upgraded from Type 4 to 10 to get 10Gbit, but the controllers came with ancient firmware.
  5. D

NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

Holy cow was this a good link. I got a TON of Sonicwall gear for insane prices that wasn't actually Open Box, and a heap of fairly large APC's. Insane pricing.
  6. D

FS - Large Quantity of 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz + Dell R730 LFF Barebone

Are either of them dell branded or have Dell DPN?
  7. D

ESXi 6.0 GPU Passthru + Hw Virtualization

My USB boot drive crapped out and I had to re-install ESXi and import the vmx files. Prior to the crapout, I had my workstation running perfectly with a K2200 GPU passed thru and HW Virtualization enabled (for nested Virtualbox, Bluestacks, etc) Now I cannot for the life of me get it to work...
  8. D

Best NAS software as VM guest to host iSCSI SAN

Hence my need for a frontend. My SAN doesn't have SMB/CIFS. It's an enterprise SAN, so does offer cache and cache protection and a BBU. So yes, I was simply looking for an easy *nix frontend to share out an iSCSI san via SMB/CIFS.
  9. D

May be the best solution, although I kinda wanted plug and play.
  10. D

This is a specific re-use case of an existing 40TB SAN that we already own. I'm very familiar with ZFS on HBA based systems. ZFS has all kinds of issues when there's lots of layers in between (SAN / Cache / datastore is alot) I specifically don't want Windows for virus / randsomware...
  11. D

This is an already existing iSCSI 10G SAN, I just need some sort of frontend on it to make it SMB / CIFS capable.
  12. D

I'm nervous about ZFS in general in a VM. There's all kinds of caveats in that, since I have several layers between the VM and the actual disks, and I can't shutoff caching on the SAN
  13. D

I've got a production Hyperconverged ESXi system, and a fairly loaded (but out of warranty)HP SAN that I'd like to use for Veeam backups. However, I don't want to direct mount it as a Windows drive..too much risk with Windows. SMB / CIFS would be fine. it's already an iSCSI datastore...I...
  14. D

You know a way to show that boot log after the fact?
  15. D

I'm not familiar with how to see the ASIC errors...I don't see them in the logs. Although on bootup, I did see the same QSFP error.
  16. D

The 40G only ports are still stacked, 1/2/2 to 1/2/5 and 1/2/7 to 1/2/10, 2/2/2 to 2/2/5 and 2/2/7 to 2/2/10 are setup as breakouts, unstacked. Like I said, I've done a mess of these, and these are the first ones to show this EXACT behavior. It's very odd.
  17. D

So I've rolled a bunch of these out in stacks, and I can now confirm that I have a stack which is exhibiting the same behavior. If I tag VLAN's on 1/2/2 or 2/2/2 the whole port goes south. BOTH switches.
  18. D

Yup, familiar with all of them. We're just using enough of them internally that I'd like to get some ears. I've used these as well: 2 Post Rack Rails At that point I might as well just buy switches with the ears included. But I'm going to price out having someone replicate the ears from...
  19. D

Yup I use them all the time. This is a 2 post rack.
  20. D

Got any links? I can't find any, which is why I was asking. Also, if they are strong nylon or CF impregnated, and mid-mounted, I suspect they would be fine. -D