Search results

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I did a couple of test port to port from one machine to and other machine. Vi copper and fiber. All OK. Only to the switch shows the peaks with slow ping response. So all, OK. I switched of monitoring and now I can sleep well again.
  2. T

Thank you. My concern started when I observed the Gateway monitoring on OPNsense. (OK, my fault. What you do not know, does not make you concerned about.) Significant different values to the gateway on DSL modem than to directly connected switch. On OPNsense side both same NICs are same type...
  3. T

Is there any rate limit by standard for PING / ICMP responses in Fastiron? The gateway monitoring of OPNsense shows "poor" values for the connection to my ICX 7250 running 0.80.92e. Looking on LibreNMS I also see peeks in ping time over the day. ICMP rate limit? Something wrong? Or normal due...
  4. T

Brocade ICX 7250 - management port not responding

No need to do speculation or guessing. It is written in the manual. The 7150 and the 7250 are different in regards of console ports. Out of 7150 manual:
  5. T

Thank you. This is great. My current solution is like yours. In my 7250-24P I have replaced both fans by Delta EFB0412VHD-F00 and I added a Sunon MF60101V3-1000U-A99 on top of the ASIC. The noise is perfect for the final location of the device, but still not to recommend if you want to be close...
  6. T

reasons for SATA SSD over NVMe?

Thank you. Micron and Intel DC is where currently I have focused my search on. Unfortunately, at the moment I am living outside my home country and choices are more limited here. But it does not need to be the latest model. Sometimes there are good offers for stock of older models like Intel DC...
  7. T

What do you mean by "can operate fanless"? By removing the fan? Here it is about the the 24/48 port version of 7150. Only 7150-24 and 7150-48 are fanless. All PoE versions -24P, 48P, 48PF and 48ZP are with fan. The small compact switches 7150-CxxP are with PoE and fanless. But that's not what...
  8. T

Yes, general recommendation and reasons behind I know. Now I am looking for bulk storage, but more in direction reliable datacenter grade than cheapest consumer stuff found on the market. That's my point. I do not see a price difference and the required two U.2 I can make available. I have...
  9. T

OK. Storage server is a different story. I am talking about a desktop/tower ATX PC and I am talking about two drives in total. So two PCIe to U.2 adaptors are not a big deal.
  10. T

Hello, are there any reasons to prefer SATA TLC SSD over NVMe TLC SSD? I have to replace my storage discs in my PC. One of the HDD in the Storage Spaces Mirror is dying. There is no heavy load on this storage. Manly read access. And mainly archived data. Basically, the data I want to have...
  11. T

Looks like our requirements are matching. I only need 4 SPF+, a couple 1 GB ports and 1 or 2 PoE ports. My 7250-24P does not have the lowest idle power. But combining all my needs in one device and eliminating external PoE injectors reduces all power consumption and heat to this one device. 7150...
  12. T

If it is about power consumption you also can have a look on the 7150-24. Here you get low power consumption and additionally fanless if you concern about noise. brochure-icx-7150.pdf (ruckussecurity.com)
  13. T

SSH of and telnet and http on was the default setting for me after reset. I was not familiar with any switch language before. But with the good instruction of @fohdeesha I was able to set-up everything and get the basic understanding. ICX7250 / ICX7450 - Fohdeesha Docs The rest I found in the...
  14. T

Aggregation Switches >6 SFP+ <= 16SFP+?

ICX 7250 would be a second option. The 7xxx series is the successor of the 6xxx series. I brought my 7250 on eBay from USA, using ebay's Global Shipping Program (GSP). For the seller it a local shipment to ebay GSP logistic center. eBay is taking care about the international shipping and...
  15. T

The ICX 7250 does not have a build in FTDI chip. It is pure serial connection, but on a mini USB port. The original cable provided together with a new device is quite expensive if you want to buy it as a spare part and in in some areas difficult to get. The pin layout is described in the...
  16. T

Only to make sure. The RJ45 management port is a network port that needs to be configured first The serial console port is the mini USB port that requires a serial cable with mini USB connector.
  17. T

Opnsense and icx6610 confusion

Look in my visualization some posts above. "Transport" is not an official name. This is how I called the network connection between the two routers: OPNsense and the L3 switch. It is not a VLAN, it is a pure ethernet connection in my case. It only is a VLAN inside the Ruckus. But I also could...
  18. T

I am new to L3 too. I am only two steps ahead of you and I already got it running. There is not only one way to go. The question is what you want to achieve with the L3 routing. In my case I am using L2 switching only for VLAN 20, 30 and 40 only because there is no connection to each other...
  19. T

What do you want to achieve? a) Using the ICX as L2 switch for your VLAN that all are connected via a trunk to OPNsense. OPNsense is the router (router-on-a-stick). b) Using the ICX as L3 switch and doing routing between OPNsense and ICX and on the ICX? To me it looks like you mixing these...
  20. T

Aggregation Switches >6 SFP+ <= 16SFP+?

Have a look here. Maybe a used Brocade ICX6610 is something for you.