Search results

1. hmartin

EU FS: Motherboards, power supplies, networking, laptops, and some free stuff!

If anyone needs the firmware dump from an HP Z420 v2 board, please send me a PM.
  2. hmartin

Yes, you can easily tell which version your motherboard has by the following: There is also a guide on GitHub about how to upgrade the boot block: SuperThunder/HP_Z420_Z620_Z820_BootBlock_Upgrade The motherboard I have came with the newer 2013 boot block and did not require upgrading to...
  3. hmartin

Did you ever try manually flashing the newer boot block to your motherboard? The Z420 board I have has the newer boot block supporting v2 CPUs, I can provide an SPI dump if you'd like.
  4. hmartin

Fujitsu Primergy Ambient Temperature sensor

Hello all, I recently picked up a TX140 S2 motherboard (D3239) for a song, and got about to powering it. Unfortunately, iRMC reports that the ambient temperature sensor is missing and runs all the fans at 100%. It seems that Fujitsu include an I2C ambient temperature sensor in the front panel...
  5. hmartin

It turns out that the HP Z210 uses the same power supply pin-out as the Z420 (despite loads of people on HP's forums telling you they're different). After much head scratching (because the Z210 doesn't support 3rd gen CPUs and apparently I can't read) I've tested the board with an ATX to HP...
  6. hmartin

Updated the list of items available and dropped the price of the motherboards/servers.
  7. hmartin

EXPIRED Meraki MR52 29,90€ (gone)

The u-boot release used by Meraki on the MR52 does not have networking, so it is not possible to tftpboot an image. The command bootbk is a custom command that Meraki added to u-boot, which sets a few environment variables before booting: int do_bootbk (cmd_tbl_t *cmdtp, int flag, int argc...
  8. hmartin

So I'm a total moron. u-boot has a 2 second boot delay and the magic sequence is "xyzzy" as described here. U-Boot 2012.07-gd040ed5-dirty [local,local] (Mar 29 2016 - 07:59:21) DRAM: 235 MiB cdp: machid 4971 NAND: 128 MiB Using default environment In: serial Out: serial Err: serial...
  9. hmartin

I thought it had a different LSI controller than the T2380103, but looking at my notes you're correct. I've updated the description.
  10. hmartin

Hello everyone. One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to downsize the amount of hardware I have laying around. Everything will be shipped from France with payment via PayPal or bank transfer. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Local pickup is available if you...
  11. hmartin

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

I PM'd you a link to download the dump.
  12. hmartin

No. Even console mod chips require some minimal soldering. Hair driers do not get hot enough to melt solder (to the relief of everyone who prefers their hair not melted to their scalp). Heat guns are extremely imprecise tools and you are very likely to permanently damage other components on...
  13. hmartin

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

I opened a GitHub issue and Tobias has said he will incorporate the changes into a Revision B board.
  14. hmartin

After looking at the KCORES GitHub repo (v1.1), I've successfully modified my TobleMiner adapters to work with the 533FLR-T. Here are the modifications required: Cut the trace between Vdet (to make pin B1 N/C) Cut the trace connecting PERST to pin A1 (between the center/right solder pads)...
  15. hmartin

If anyone has an MS225, I would love internal photos of the PCB
  16. hmartin

So, OpenWrt support for the MR52 doesn't seem to be a stretch, there are already other routers based on the AP160 reference board. The main issue which I've been banging my head against, is that OSDK is booted with ubi.mtd=art which means you cannot access u-boot env or the meraki firmware and...
  17. hmartin

According to the KCORES GitHub, v1.0 is not compatible with the 530FLR-SFP+ but v1.1 is. The change between v1.0 and v1.1 is that A10 and A11 are tied to +3.3V in v1.1 I tried to modify the adapter from Tobias to have +3.3V onto A10/A11 (also A4/A6/A7 and B9/B11 to GND) but no difference with...
  18. hmartin

Can you link to the GitHub or store where you bought these? I wasn't able to find anything.
  19. hmartin

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

Is the pinout of the MicroLP connector known? Perhaps an adapter similar to the HP FlexLOM could be made for MicroLP to PCIe?
  20. hmartin

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

It's my blog. I added links to this thread at the bottom of both posts. Sorry if anyone feels I didn't give credit where it was due, that was never my intention.