Search results

1. J

Can you use E5-4XXXL processors on single proc m/b? Supermicro X10SRM-TF

Hi. I know you can use E5-2xxx processors on single processor motherboards. What about E5-4XXX processors? I assume the answer is the same for E5-4XXXL, the lower power variant. Regards
  2. J

Can vlan1 (switch default) be considered for use with ssid without vlan tagging?

Not sure if it's clear on my title. My HP switch comes default with vlan1, which has all ports untagged. I use Unifi, and in my controller, I have 3 SSIDs. SSID1 (no vlan set), SSID20 (vlan 20 for guests) and SSID30 (vlan 30 for IOT). On my switch, as mentioned above, vlan1 has all ports...
  3. J

Need help to reset Supermicro motherboard that is password protected

Thanks for giving me hope, and nudging me to the right direction.
  4. J

FYI, got to reset BMC password using these instructions from here- Is it possible to reset the password on a SuperMicro IPMI interface? Supermicro IPMI BMCs can be fairly erratic and troublesome. You should always use the utilities and tools provided by Supermicro before attempting a fix with...
  5. J

Sorry, didn't see this. So I didn't try it.
  6. J

Finally got password removed from the motherboard. What I did was using the SUPER.ROM method :D. Saw online that using a fat or fat32 formatted usb (no need to be bootable), place a recent copy of bios, and rename it to SUPER.ROM. With USB plugged, hold on to ctrl+home, power on the system...
  7. J

Si far, I have tried to update the bios for my X10SLM+-LN4F. That's when it says it's incompatible. Now, how do I update the bios for BMC? So far, no access to BMC.
  8. J

So... Did as instructed, unfortunately, after checking, it says something about incompatibility, and ended back in EFI Shell prompt. How do I update the BMC instead? Will give it a try. I also heard Supermicro guys are super helpful. I'll try send them an email, see if I can get any bios...
  9. J

@RageBone , What should I be updating with EFI Shell? Motherboard bios? Or BMC Firmware? For motherboard bios, there's no EFI/ UEFI Folder. Upon extraction, there are only 4 files, afudosu.smc, ami.bat, readme, x10slmp9.531 Intructions in the readme are: 1. Save this file to your...
  10. J

@acquacow , it doesn't respond to F11 . I end up in the 2 scenarios where it either asks for password, or enter EFI shell. @RageBone , thanks for confirmation. Will try tonight
  11. J

@RageBone, can you help check the picture above if it still has hope? Is it the same efi shell as you were talking about?
  12. J

Hi @acquacow , The motherboard boot doesn't allow me to reach USB. I only get to either a screen requesting password, or EFI shell.
  13. J

If it's the bios that's password protected, am I not supposed to be able to proceed and boot from USB if I'm not going to change anything in the Bios?
  14. J

I see there is the help command under EFI. Which command allows reflashing? Not familiar with the syntax though.
  15. J

Hi. I bought a M/B from ebay. I turned on this motherboard. It asks for password. I shorted the cmos contacts while power supply is disconnected. Still, the request for password appears. I connected the BMA port to my firewall, and let the hoping the dhcp server will assign it an ip...
  16. J

Seagate ST6000NM0074 6TB 7.2k 12Gb/s SAS SED Internal Hard Drive HOT DEAL!

Yes, SSD will be the best Sata drives for Nas :D . 600 MBps will be bliss :D . So will these SAS2 drives give us about 200-250 MBps or 120-150 MBps? Thanks
  17. J

Unfortunately, it has been a known issue with Unraid
  18. J

Thank you for your validation. My concern now is how much more electricity will a constant spinning sas drive use? AM I to assume that accessing data is somewhat faster since drives don't spin down? AM I also right to assume performance of Sas2 drives is slightly better than actual maximum...