Search results

1. J

SATADOM 2 to 3 pin cables - How can I make them?

Was about to buy the parts and decided to check clearances for the cables on the SATADOMs. I had planned to run two of these in a mirrored ZFS array to boot FreeNAS from. Unfortunately, the modules would be too close together to allow the connection of the power cable on one of them. Alas, I...
  2. J

Here are the parts that I have found for this project. Innodisk SATADOM-ML 3SE Series (Dell specific revision 0T4M4) No 7 pin power, must be powered with 5v cable. Uses two contacts (+ and -) on a three contact connector. Cable requires Molex 511460300 connector. (NB: for a two pin version...
  3. J

Thank you, @Markess! This got me pointed in the right direction, and I've found the part on Digikey that will work with the three pin connection to the Innodisk SATADOM-ML Industrial 3SE (0T4M4) part. A little more digging on Molex and Digikey any I'm certain I'll find the connector for the...
  4. J

Looking for some advice here. I have a couple SATADOMs that don't receive power from the yellow 7 pin on my X10 Supermicro board. I need to power via a tiny connector on the board, and an even tinyer connector on the SATADOM. These cables cost about $30 Canadian. Ouch! Any suggestions on how...
  5. J

Budget HTPC build, for $300 how does this look?

Hi @SwanRonson, I've built and used HTPC for the past 10-15 years. I now use an Nvidia Shield TV Pro, and it is fantastic. The hardware works great, plus you get a controller and a remote that both allow headphone connections. I run it as a Plex server with media coming from a FreeNAS box, but...
  6. J

UTM: Sophos and Supermicro

I'm confused. You mention USB 3.0 support, but the A1SRM-2558F board, which this build thread is about, doesn't have USB 3.0. On the A1SRM-2558F I had no troubles mounting an iso over IPMI, and running the install that way. No keyboard or USB required. Do you have a thread that we can...
  7. J

I bought the case, power supply, and motherboard together, which also came with a blower fan, and fan partition. However, it did not come with a drive mounting bracket.
  8. J

Good news: The parts for this build arrived this week. Bad news: Unfortunately, the power supply that came with the SuperMicro case was DOA.
  9. J

@CreoleLakerFan Sorry for the late reply. I just recently ordered the parts, which should arrive this week. I will update this post during the build phase, and provide some feedback on how the system is working. In the end I ordered the following: Build’s Name: Portico Operating System/...
  10. J

@spyrule Sophos offers a free version for home users, which comes with a three year license.
  11. J

@Patrick Thank you for the feedback. I had originally decided against the C2558 as I didn't want to loose the extra 200MHz that the Turbo Boost would have provided. However, with the Sophos UTM potentially using Snort with QuickAssist API's enabled, it looks like I may be better off with...
  12. J

Build’s Name: Portico Operating System/ Storage Platform: Sophos UTM 9 CPU: Atom C2558 Motherboard: Supermicro A1SRM-2558F Chassis: SuperChassis 512L-200B Drives: TBD RAM: 2 x (Kingston KVR16E11S8/4G 4GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC CL11 DIMM Sr X8 W/TS Memory) Add-in Cards: N/A Power Supply: 200watt...