Search results

1. T

Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

No, r730 or 720. Pamphlets inside matched that also. The unit was the only R610-related thing out of the whole box.
  2. T

Perfect, because I had to buy the Lite to get a connection out to my driveway area. Now I just need to figure out how to flash my 7150 microbeefer to the firmware ( 08.0.92?) that allows it to play with unleashed
  3. T

I'm in, bought one. Will likely use an injector into this and forego the 2.5 strength. Hoping to replace an AC-PRO and an AC-Lite. If the R610 can't cover my house, not sure which to keep. The throughputs on the R610 and AC-PRO are apparently the same.
  4. T

New Fujitsu D3348-B23 Motherboard (LGA2011-3), $200 OBO ($140 accepted), Ebay

Hold up, I'm confused based on page 1. Does a regular consumer PSU work for this board?
  5. T

New/Bulk Packaged Samsung 983 960GB (U.2) $85 @ eBay

For ServeTheHOME (HOME), U2 is probably more of a headache than its worth. It's like on Slickdeals when people freak about monitor or laptop specs. "Ryzen so much faster than comparable Intel." "120hz? Not worth it" "DDR4 CL18? Forget it" "Only 8gb of ram on a $400 laptop? Not worth it" I...
  6. T

What 2.5GBase-T Netword card

Where did you get one at a reasonable price for "just for my personal pc"? Also, how much did you buy it for, because that could be a new thing here if it's in the same range as BEEF OVERLOAD
  7. T

What 2.5GBase-T Netword card

I agree with not using a PCIE for 2.5gbe (edited). Would rather use a Mellanox Connect X 3 for PCIE x8. I recommend the Plugable 2.5G USB C and USB to Ethernet Adapter. I have one and do a point to point 2.5 without a hitch
  8. T

How to get firmware from Oracle

Any ideas how to update firmware in Windows?
  9. T

Smallest motherboard with 5x SATA for a 5* 2.5" NAS build

I use this: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390M-ITXac/index.asp Using NVMe takes away one of the sata ports. I originally had a pcie -> NVMe converter, but replaced it with a Mellanox card.
  10. T

HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Mini AMD Ryzen-based Project TinyMiniMicro

Update: Laptop cooler helped. Still runs hot when playing Civ VI with Parsec, but better. 16gb ram working fine. Forgot to mention that the Tiger Direct version included the SSD bracket and an Intel wifi/BT chip. The NVME was WDC. Win 10 Pro license. Waiting for I/O card to pop up on auction...
  11. T

HP t420 thin client - penny pincher of marginal serverage

I am not comfortable with VM's beyond a simple OS. I don't have time right now to learn / experiment with passing through the ZWave stick, integrating Node-Red and other stuff. Docker was easier, and for the small things, lots of tutorials for HA/Docker. I've never run Hassio, only HA.
  12. T

After your write-ups and my experience with the T520, Raspberry Pi's are really going to be a thing of the past for me. I can't think of an instance in my life that a Pi has a benefit anymore. Home Assistant on pi? Nope, moved it onto something a little stronger. Not that it really needs it...
  13. T

HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Mini AMD Ryzen-based Project TinyMiniMicro

I bought one off Tiger Direct when they were having a sale last month. I'm ok with it. I have it running 16gb RAM, and the Tiger Direct version came with an SSD bracket, so I have the NVME with an SSD also. I have 3 DP's on mine. The third is the I/O card that can be replaced with an HDMI or a...
  14. T

Kioxia Ethernet SSD Solutions Now Sampling

NVMEoF looks intriguing. Sadly, we wait at least another 10 years from now when NVMEoE becomes a consumer thing.
  15. T

So with an update (not sure anyone is reading this), the T520 for $44 is going strong with ubuntu -> docker -> Home Assistant and node-red. The m.2 hasn't been a limit yet. I bought it from here (ebay), I don't recommend the stand. A laptop cooler or nothing would be better. Also, the 16gb is...
  16. T

I need to upgrade my HomeAssistant and went with the T520 for $44. I don't really care about cpu performance, it was only marginally more expensive and has the m.2 built in. I wish I could find it without RAM since I have a ton of DDR3 sodimm's. My plan is Docker with HA and OpenVPN installed...
  17. T

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I've been stalking the mini space for a while, and none have 2 nic's by default. The T730 that was posted a few years ago as a iSCSI setup (replacing N40L) was PCIe friendly to bring in multiple nic's
  18. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I bought two Connect X3's (HP) and flashed them. Have QSFP+ -> SFP+ tranceivers from Ebay connected to my switch via DAC, and a QSFP+ Amazon cable as a peer-to-peer DAC connection between the two computers. The Connect X3's are the way to go, imo. Or something newer that is SFP+ only since...
  19. T

M2 8TB $1500

Can't wait for the day (looking at 2028) where I can have an NVME nas that replaces my current setup(s) for only 1.5-2x the cost of current easy shucks
  20. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Why the BD at $169 vs SR4 at $39?