Search results

1. I

Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

Thanks for posting this! In for a couple :-) Anyone know how many SSIDs are supported on a single AP with Unleashed?
  2. I

EXPIRED Mellanox InfiniBand SX6018 - Switch - EMC only - $300 OBO

Just going to say that if you don't mind a bit of work, you should be able to open up the PSUs and fan modules and flip the fans around so the airflow is reversed without buying another unit.
  3. I

Oracle F640 6.4TB: need firmware and instruction how to flash

@AskFor, any chance you managed to hunt the FW down? I'm in a similar position myself...
  4. I

Cheapest 100Gbe switches - EdgeCore 7512-32X ~ $324

This is a classic case of "I want it, but I really don't need it...". Really wish I could justify it.
  5. I

Lenovo M90n $399

Very cool unit! I do worry the 15w TDP is going to be a limiting factor, but time will tell.
  6. I

Dual Xeon-D

So, I got one board that's in good condition and one that won't boot. Both nodes on the bad board hang are stuck showing "3" with all NIC LEDs turned on. Fans do spin. Here's what I tried so far: Both boards are hw revision 1.03 and came with "L0.16" bios stickers. The good board seems to work...
  7. I

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

As long as you get the exact same model and stepping and you should be fine. Some people even have success matching compatible but different-model CPUs across sockets...
  8. I

[Maybe a deal?] $350 for HGST FLASHMAX II VIR-M2-LP-4800-2B 4.8TB PCI-E SSD Flash Drive

Isn't that true for all enterprise SSDs though? In my experience, most enterprise gear (from CPUs to memory to disks/SSDs and HBAs and NICs) uses more power and requires better cooling than consumer hardware...
  9. I

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

I believe you would also lose the ability to use the all core turbo trick with v4, so v3 might still be on par or better on most metrics (aside from power usage of course...)
  10. I

HP /Mellanox MC7207310-010 10m QSFP+ FDR 56Gb/s Active Optical Cable - $17 (gone)

I've been waiting for these to be affordable again for a while now... Thank you for sharing!
  11. I

HP T730 Thin Client $114.99

Wish it were the case. I've tried it on my nodes. No dice.
  12. I

HP T730 Thin Client $114.99

While you could always buy your own Win10 license and install, sadly if you'd like to use HP's images you must have purchased the unit with a Win10 license. I'm not aware of a way to purchase such a license from HP at a later date (most probably - that's due to how Win10 licensing works - the...
  13. I

Dual Xeon-D

2 @ 200 was rejected. 2 @ 275 CAD + S&H got accepted very quickly using the code (not sure if auto accepted or seller was just responsive). 275 isn't a steal, but I guess it's still alright if you want to experiment with clustering and don't mind the fuss of a weird board... Thanks for...
  14. I

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

According to Intel's ARK - the J5005 only supports PCIe 2.0 (6 lanes total): https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128984/intel-pentium-silver-j5005-processor-4m-cache-up-to-2-80-ghz.html
  15. I

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

I realize this might very well be difficult or impossible to achieve using an off the shelf forums system, but I think what could really help is to have signed in users see the full up-to-date info but restrict anonymous users to a delayed version (so valid members get to see deals in real time...
  16. I

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

Seller accepted 150 for a single unit. I'd try even lower.
  17. I

Dual Xeon-D

I'm suspect these use the OCP slot for the SAS controller linked earlier in the thread, so that would actually make sense.
  18. I

Dual Xeon-D

I'm pretty sure you're spot on! It's not a huge surprise actually. I think a high density storage node is a great use case for these boards.
  19. I

Dual Xeon-D

Thanks for sharing. It is an interesting find, probably with an interesting story. Having said that, I wouldn't touch this personally - you'd be saving very little money compared to a standard board (you can get them new for $370 from Newegg), and in return you'll probably be getting something...
  20. I

Dual Xeon-D

I agree. 50-100 may be okay for the brave, but 400 is way too high...