Search results

1. BadMax02

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

thats exactly how i have done it. I have a jonsbo n2 and the slim fan it has was quite crap, so i 3d printed a normal thickness fan adapter and used a radiator pressure optimized fan from a old watercooler and used that for my hdds, hdds sit at around 37C with around 1600rpm fan speed which is...
  2. BadMax02

I already mentioned it in a germen thread but here again. Im running 2x 32Gb and 2x 16Gb in a 48GB Per channel config with 2400MHz using that overclock setting in the BIOS, i have everything set to auto except clock which is set to +xxx (the smallest + option there is) and got it to run in ECC...
  3. BadMax02

Just throwing my few cents inhere regarding the slimsas 8i cables, i got mine from some random aliexpress seller selling a slimsas 8i to 2x m.2 card and having the option to buy the cable aswell, bought both and ive been running a m.2 in that board connected to that 8i port no problem. Its only...
  4. BadMax02

Hey, thank you so much for that guide, it cleaned up my build nicely with way less wires and splitters because i was running all my fans from the cpu header with a splitter. I Used an Arduino with its Reset Pin Shorted to Ground to prevent it from turning on and hooked up the TX adn RX pins 0...
  5. BadMax02

It would be interesting to know, if a board which hasent been flashed and updated at all, can control the sys fans, when falshing we used different firmware which might not behave as expected with the fan sensors and such? Im definitly gonna try doing that string change, i dont have a USB TTL...
  6. BadMax02

TrueNAS Enterprise offers High Availability as far as i remember correctly, tho that costs money and its more specific build for the machines that truenas also sells. The IOMMU Groups (when enabled) seem to have the all the sata drives in one group, meaning if proxmox was installed on a pcie...
  7. BadMax02

yee, i bought one of these exact cards because another m.2 can still be used for more sata or netowkr for example and it was a good tradeoff with price and usefulness for me, only one port work (i think port 2) and with a intel optane 16gb ssd i got really good performance thru it, tho some...
  8. BadMax02

Oh wow thats a big oversite, fortunatly it seems that editing the grub boot option on a live iso seems to work aswell, its a bit suboptimal cause every iso needs to be edited before it boots in the bootloader but it works and it does boot after adding the aspm off option, Thanks!
  9. BadMax02

Im unfortunatly getting alot of Pcie Corrected BadTLP and BadDLLP and Timeout errors and dont know how to fix them, it prevent multiple Linux Isos from booting because it just keeps spaming the console with these errors and not actually booting. anyone have a idea why this could happen?
  10. BadMax02

For anyone wanting to atleast use a PCIe card with 4x connection, using the integrated m.2 slot to riser up to a normal PCIe slot does work and ive tested it with a GPU in windows, gets detected fine and also gives full resolution display output with installed drivers. I would assume that a SFF...
  11. BadMax02

Yeah that should be exactlly how you can use this Board, finding a proper SFF to PCIE 8x Card tho seemed kind of hard for me. i found one which costs almost as much as the board itself tho i found a different cheaper way, on aliexpress there are SFF to 2x m.2 slot adapter cards, because of the...
  12. BadMax02

I recieved my Board today and unfortunatly it seams like my Board is quite dead, it starts up and Management opens i also can boot into Windows Linux and what not but it only lassts for like 30 Seconds before i get either complete kernal crash in Linux or Bluescreen in Windows. MemTest worked...